Shopify update: The State of Colorado recently sent out a notice informing merchants about collecting a new retail delivery fee, effective 9 a.m. EST on July 1st, 2022. For more information, see Colorado Retail Delivery Fee in Shopify.
The Map province retail shipping tax setting in the integration app supports syncing province retail shipping tax (Colorado retail delivery fee) from Shopify to NetSuite. When the setting is updated, a separate line item is created in NetSuite for tracking the province retail shipping tax. If the setting is not used, the tax amount will be added under variance.
Once the setting is updated, the flow accordingly picks the retail shipping tax from the Shopify order JSON (tax lines > Colorado Retail Delivery fee > amount) and syncs to NetSuite. But, if you want to assign a custom value to the province retail shipping tax and sync to NetSuite, update the mappings as explained in the Mapping section below.
Mapping province retail shipping tax to NetSuite
To sync the province shipping tax from Shopify to NetSuite, navigate to Settings > Order > Tax tab and update the mapping in the Map province retail shipping tax setting as explained below:
- In the Shopify province tax field, enter the province name of your choice, that collects the shipping tax retail fee. See the order JSON example below for the province name.
- In the NetSuite shipping tax field, choose a non-inventory NetSuite item to track Shopify province tax as a separate line item on the NetSuite sales order.
- In the Action to take if unique match not found, choose one of the options:
- Fail record: If no results are found in the static mapping, the request returns an empty string and fails.
- Use empty string as the default value: Choose this option to use an empty string ('') as the default value. This value is used if your mapping doesn’t have the required value.
- Use null as the default value: Use ‘null’ as the default value if your mapping doesn’t have the required value.
- Use a custom default value: Specify a default value for the extracted field.
- Click Save.
Once you save the mapping, run the Shopify to NetSuite order flows to start syncing the data directly from Shopify order JSON. If you want to sync a custom value for province retail shipping tax to NetSuite, update the mappings as explained below.
To update the custom lookup mapping on the TaxRetailFee field:
- Navigate to the Flows tab.
- Click Edit Mappings of the Shopify order to NetSuite sales order (add) flow.
- On the TaxRetailFee field, click the Settings () button.
- In the Field mapping type, select Lookup.
- In the Options, select Static: Value to value.
- In the Export field value, enter the province name.
- In the Import field value, enter the value according to the province name entered in the export field value.
- Click Save.
Once you save the mapping, run the Shopify to NetSuite order flows to start syncing the data.