LinkedIn Ads is a paid marketing tool that offers access to LinkedIn social networks through various sponsored posts, campaigns, and other methods.
Set up a connection
This video demonstrates creating a LinkedIn connection.
After you start the connection, configure it in the Create connection panel and complete all of the required * authentication settings:
|Name your connection *||Enter a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection. A unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting it from a list of the connections in your account.|
|OAuth 2.0 client *||
Select the OAuth 2.0 client that stores the client ID and client secret provided to you by LinkedIn Ads.
Scopes are OAuth 2.0 permissions that the LinkedIn Ads API defines to limit access to your account.
Tip: This connector documentation describes only the settings shown for the Simple view. For the corresponding HTTP settings, see OAuth 2.0 auth universal connector documentation.
- Sign in to your LinkedIn developer account.
- Navigate to My apps.
- Click Create app. The Create an app page appears. For more information, see Create an app.
- Enter App name.
- Enter your LinkedIn page URL.
- Check Legal agreement and click Create app.
- Navigate to Auth > Application credentials.
- Copy Client ID.
- Copy Client secret.
- Name (required): Enter the required iClient name.
- Client ID (required): Enter client ID (retrieved from the above section).
- Client secret (required): Enter client secret (retrieved from the above section). Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s client secret safe. When editing the iClient at any point, you must enter the secret value again; it is stored only when the connection is saved and never displayed as text.
- Click Save.