Commerce Cloud - NetSuite Connector is an automated integration between Salesforce Commerce Cloud (formerly Demandware), a cloud-based ecommerce software solution and NetSuite.com ERP and Financials system. Many companies that use Commerce Cloud prefer to have NetSuite as their financials backend. Generally, order info from Commerce Cloud is transferred to NetSuite for fulfilment and billing. Retailers have to manually retype all the order information from Commerce Cloud into NetSuite to process fulfilment and shipping. Inventory information (quantity available) also needs to be sent from NetSuite to Commerce Cloud for accurate item quantity listing. When item prices are updated in NetSuite, the same must also be reflected in Commerce Cloud. All the above tasks involve manual data entry and is prone to errors and also results in duplication of effort. Having an automated integration to move data between the systems saves retailers valuable time and cost and reduces errors.
The connector ties Commerce Cloud and NetSuite using the xml file integration method. A cartridge, component of Celigo Connector, resides within Commerce Cloud and is responsible for scheduling integration jobs. The connector moves NetSuite records into the cartridge. A job schedule then moves such data into the Merchant Server backend of Commerce Cloud and into the associated storefront. Orders from the storefront are placed into a designated folder in the cartridge. A job schedule then pushes the order/customer info into NetSuite. The job schedule in the cartridge can be configured to run at scheduled intervals or you can run manually.
Automated data flows for orders, fulfillment, inventory, and pricing
The Celigo Commerce Cloud - NetSuite Connector provides an automated solution for transferring data between Commerce Cloud and NetSuite and vice versa. The connector enables you to automatically transfer order info from Commerce Cloud to NetSuite. Orders are then processed in NetSuite. Fulfillment information from NetSuite is also automatically exported back to Commerce Cloud along with shipping and tracking details. The data exchange between both systems happens in near real time. Inventory information is automatically adjusted, as ‘quantity available’ info is transferred from NetSuite to Commerce Cloud in real time. Similarly, the pricing data flow exports any price updates from NetSuite to Commerce Cloud automatically. The data flows can also be made to run at scheduled intervals.
Commerce Cloud - NetSuite Connector Configuration and Settings
The connector provides the controls and options to manage the prebuilt integrations and modify them easily as per your needs. You can enable or disable the data flows any time. Multiple flow scheduling options are provided. You can select when you want the data flow to be triggered or you can trigger data flow manually. The data flow comes with pre-mapped fields between the systems, but you can also modify the field mappings on the fly. Settings enable you to modify the data flows or fine tune the integration. The status of the integration jobs is visible in a dashboard. You can troubleshoot any errors from within the dashboard without having to revisit the source or target systems.
The following data flows are available in the connector:
- Commerce Cloud Order to NetSuite Order Add: Whenever an order is created in Commerce Cloud, the connector automatically transfers the order info into NetSuite.
- Commerce Cloud Customer to NetSuite Customer Add: The connector automatically transfers customer info from Commerce Cloud to NetSuite. If the customer is new, the connector checks for duplicates and creates a new customer in NetSuite. If the customer already exists in NetSuite, the connector attaches the order info to the customer. When you run the order data flow, the customer data flow is also automatically triggered.
- NetSuite Fulfilment to Commerce Cloud Shipment Add: Once the order is fulfilled in NetSuite, the shipping and tracking info is automatically exported to Commerce Cloud for further communication with the customer that placed the order.
- NetSuite Inventory to Commerce Cloud Inventory Add/Update: As and when inventory is replenished or depleted in NetSuite, the inventory (quantity available) information is automatically exported to Commerce Cloud, keeping both systems always in sync.
- NetSuite Pricing to Commerce Cloud Pricing Add/Update: The connector automatically updates pricing details from NetSuite to Commerce Cloud. When an item price is updated in NetSuite, the Commerce Cloud listed item is updated automatically.