Whenever an order is created in Commerce Cloud, the connector automatically transfers the order info into NetSuite. This is a batch data flow. In Commerce Cloud, the order is in various statuses. Orders with ‘ready for export’ status are only exported. Order Id and external ID are used to match orders to prevent duplicate orders.
Variances in taxes/discounts/ shipping costs/order totals between NetSuite and Commerce Cloud are reported on the sales order. Different etail fields are provided for the variances. Advanced Settings are provided to customize the data flow.
Commerce Cloud provides a variety of environments for integrations (such as Sandbox, Dev, QA). Details are provided in the Appendix. The connector is integrated with an appropriate environment at the time of installation. In this example, we are using a sandbox environment.
The sandbox account is configured with different stores. You can also create new stores. Each store has a storefront. Customers (buyers) place their orders in the storefront and the order is recorded in the backend store. A job scheduler collects these orders and moves them into the connector, from where the orders are then sent to the target system (in our case, to NetSuite).
Steps: 1) Receive/locate order via Commerce Cloud storefront in Site backend 2) Run Order Job Scheduler in Commerce Cloud 3) Run Order data flow in integrator.io 4) Verify order receipt in NetSuite
The following screens depict the data flow.
The Commerce Cloud dashboard displaying the sites and associated storefront.
Orders are placed in the Commerce Cloud Storefront.
Access Job schedules option from the Cloud Commerce Site Administration section
Select the relevant job schedule (order based) and click Run.
Go to the connector, and Run the ‘Order’ data flow (click ‘Play’ button). Ensure the data flow is turned on. The ‘Customer’ data flow also runs simultaneously.
The status of the data flow is visible in the dashboard.
The green color status indicates flow is successful. The record is successfully exported to NetSuite.
Success indicates the number of records moved into the target system. In the above dashboard image:
- If flow indicates the successful transfer of the order record (shows ‘n’ records)
- If flow indicates success status, but there are no records under the ‘success’ column ( 0 records). This indicates no records were exported. (also can happen when you don’t first run the job schedules in Commerce Cloud, so no jobs are moved into the connector to export to NetSuite).
Advanced Settings for Order Import Flow
You can customize the prebuilt data flow from the Advanced Settings section. The following options are provided. Select and Save the options before running the data flow.
- Map Ship Methods: Lets you map the shipping methods between Commerce Cloud and NetSuite. You can also provide a default value in case no match is found.
- Map Payment Methods: Lets you map the payment methods between Commerce Cloud and NetSuite. You can also provide a default value in case no match is found.
- NetSuite discount item to track Commerce Cloud coupons: Lets you choose the corresponding NetSuite item to track coupons amounts on your Commerce Cloud orders. Coupons Code used on the Commerce Cloud order is mapped to the "eTail Discount Code" field under "eTail" tab on the Sales Order record in NetSuite.
- NetSuite item to track Commerce Cloud gift card sale: Provide the internal id of the default item in NetSuite to be added as a line item on the sales order when the SFCC order includes a gift card sale item. This is an optional setting.
- NetSuite item to track Commerce Cloud gift card redemption as a line item: Lets you choose the corresponding NetSuite item to track Commerce Cloud gift card amount & adds it as a line item on the NetSuite sales order. The NetSuite item must be set up as a Non-Inventory item.
- NetSuite item to track Commerce Cloud shipping cost as a line item: This is an optional setting and lets you choose the corresponding NetSuite item to track Commerce Cloud order shipping costs as a line item on the NetSuite sales order. The NetSuite item must be set up as a Non-Inventory item.
- NetSuite item to track Commerce Cloud tax amount as a line item: This is an optional setting and lets you choose the corresponding NetSuite item to track Commerce Cloud order tax amounts as a line item on the NetSuite sales order. The NetSuite item must be set up as a Non-Inventory item.
- Default NetSuite customer if missing on Commerce Cloud order: Provide the internal id of the default customer record in NetSuite to be assigned to the NetSuite sales order record when there is no customer information present on the Commerce Cloud side.
- Remove phone number if invalid on Commerce Cloud order: Lets you define a business rule where invalid phone numbers on Commerce Cloud order are automatically removed before the order is added to NetSuite. This prevents any manual intervention to import orders with invalid phone no.s (<7 digits or alphanumeric format).
- Trim customer name if invalid on Commerce Cloud order: Lets you define a business rule where invalid first name & last name on Commerce Cloud order are automatically trimmed to the first 32 characters before the order is added to NetSuite. This prevents order import failures when the buyer enters more than 32 char for the first name and/or last name fields in Commerce Cloud.
- Default first name if missing on Commerce Cloud order: Lets you define a business rule where the missing first name on Commerce Cloud order is automatically replaced with a default value of your choice before the order is added to NetSuite. This helps prevent any manual intervention to import orders with missing the first name. For ex- you can enter a default value FNU i.e. First Name Unavailable in this field.