Understanding billing schedule
A billing schedule defines the schedule to bill a sale over a range of time or a contract term. For example, you may want to bill monthly for the sale of a one-year membership, or bill quarterly for a three-year service contract. Billing schedules manage the billing process by tracking when to invoice customers and how much to bill.
The billing schedule record enables you to create schedules that define how the bill for a transaction is relayed to the customer. In general, a billing schedule determines the frequency with which the customer is billed and the amount of each bill. However, the exact effect of a billing schedule varies depending on its type. For more information on Billing Schedules in NetSuite, click Billing Schedules and Creating Billing Schedules.
The Billing Schedule section comprises of a real-time flow, NetSuite Billing Schedule to Salesforce Billing, and associated Advanced Settings. You can leverage this flow real-time flow to export a billing schedule created in NetSuite from NetSuite to Salesforce. The following image displays the way to create a billing schedule in NetSuite:
The Salesforce - SuiteBilling Connector only supports the Charge-Based type billing schedule. For more information on the Charge-Based type, click here.
Steps depicting the data flow run
- In Salesforce - SuiteBilling Connector, go to Data Flows > Billing Schedule and click on On/Off button against the NetSuite Billing Schedule to Salesforce Billing Schedule flow.
- In Advanced setting make necessary changes as per your requirement.
- Login to your NetSuite account and create a billing schedule.
- Once the billing schedule record is created in NetSuite, the Salesforce - SuiteBilling Connector automatically triggers the NetSuite Billing Schedule to Salesforce Billing Schedule flow to import the information from NetSuite to Salesforce.
- Once the flow runs successfully, you can access the Billing Schedule record as displayed in the following image:
- Open the record to match the same information that has been imported from NetSuite.
- Sync Billing Schedule only with Billing Account
Enable this setting to sync Billing Schedule from NetSuite to Salesforce along with Billing Account only. If unchecked, Billing Schedules will be synced from NetSuite to Salesforce when they are created or updated.
- Sync inactive Billing Schedules
Enable this setting to sync Billing Schedules marked as ‘inactive’ in NetSuite to Salesforce.
- Sync private Billing Schedules
Enable this setting to sync Billing Schedules marked as ‘private’ in NetSuite to Salesforce. If unchecked, the Connector will only sync public Billing Schedules from NetSuite to Salesforce.
Please sign in to leave a comment.