Once a Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC) order is refunded in NetSuite by creating a cash refund or credit memo transaction in NetSuite, the connector exports this data and creates a corresponding refund record in the History tab associated with the same order on Commerce Cloud. Every refund created in Commerce cloud is marked against the invoice. When an invoice does not exist for the refunded order, the connector creates the invoice for that order and then created a refund record entry in the History tab. The connector creates a refund entry in SFCC with the exact refunded amount in NetSuite. Refund is not processed based on qty or price of the SKUs. This is due to how the SFCC expects refund information.
Also, the refund amount sent from NetSuite can be greater than the SFCC refund amount because SFCC does not validate the refund information.
- The connector does not update the status of the order when you execute the refund flow.
- The connector supports partial refunds created as Cash Refunds or Credit Memos in NetSuite.
To initiate a refund for an order in SFCC, the order needs to have associated invoice in NetSuite; as a refund in SFCC is always marked against the invoice. The invoice number is usually mentioned in the Payment tab and the connector uses the same invoice number to create the Invoice tab for an order in SFCC. Also, to create an invoice, SFCC further requires Shipping Order details so when u run the flow, connector first creates the Shipping Order tab and then the Invoice tab for the order in SFCC. Finally, the refund record entry is created in the History tab.
Process: The connector pulls the NetSuite refund information and moves it into the Celigo Container within Cloud Commerce. A job Scheduler within Cloud Commerce then moves the refund information to the backend site and the storefront. The job scheduler can be automated to run at certain frequencies or may be triggered manually, as in the following example.
- Initiate refund in NetSuite
- Run refund data flow in the integrator.io
- Run Refund Job Scheduler in Cloud Commerce Cloud
- Verify refund information in the History tab) in Commerce Cloud storefront.
Screens depicting the refund flow run:
- From the Advanced Setting section, select the appropriate value in the NetSuite Saved Search for syncing order refunds drop-down list and click Save.
- Refund an order in NetSuite and enter the required information in the NetSuite. The following image of cash refund record in NetSuite displays the order id in the ETAIL Order ID field and the ETAIL REFUND EXPORTED check box is displayed as unselected.
- From integrator.io, press the Run button against the NetSuite Refund to Commerce Cloud Refund Add flow in the Refund section.
- The flow status is visible on the Dashboard The status changes from 'queued' to 'in-progress' to 'completed' after the feed submitted through flow is successful. Also, the flow marks the ETAIL REFUND EXPORTED check box as selected in the eTail tab indicating that the refunded order has been exported from NetSuite.
- Once the flow runs successfully, the refund data reaches Cloud Commerce and resides in the Celigo Container. Drill down to the refund file (XML).
- From your SFCC account, select Administration > Operations > Job Schedules. The Job Schedules page is displayed.
- You can directly select Celigo Refund Import and run the job immediately or schedule the job flow to trigger job run automatically after the set interval.
- Once you run the Celigo Refund Import job successfully, the order record in SFCC is updated and the refund entry is made into the History tab.
- NetSuite Saved Search for syncing order refunds
Select the desired 'saved search' from the list. Click 'Refresh' to fetch the latest records from NetSuite. The following image displays the criteria associated with the saved search in NetSuite: