A customer deposit transaction records the funds received when a customer makes an advance payment for an order. This payment is recorded in the general ledger as a liability until the goods or services are actually delivered and does not affect the customer's accounts receivable balance. After the order is fulfilled, the deposit is applied against the invoice and the liability is canceled out.
Commerce Cloud Transaction to NetSuite Customer Deposit Add Flow
If you charge customers at the time of sale and before the order is fulfilled, this integration flow can be leveraged to create customer deposits in NetSuite as soon as the order is imported into NetSuite. To enable this integration flow, use the “Off/On” option against the flow in the Billing section. Once customer deposits records are created in NetSuite and the order is fulfilled, you can apply the order invoice to the customer deposit records to cancel out the liability and make funds available in account receivable.
- The integration flow creates one customer deposit per each payment method used on the order.
- You need to manually delete payment method mapping from the Commerce Cloud Order to NetSuite Order Add integration flow for the connector to create the customer deposit records in NetSuite. This is because, NetSuite only allows creating Customer Deposits record for a sales order if the Payment Method field on sales order is not configured.
Once an order and customer deposit records are created in NetSuite, you can also choose to bill orders as cash sales and/or invoices instead using the “NetSuite Order to NetSuite Cash Sale Add” and/or “NetSuite Order to NetSuite Invoice Add”.
The customer deposit records can be accessed from your NetSuite account in the following way:
- Use the global search and search with order id, Open the sales order and click the Related record/ History tab.
- Go to Transactions > Customers > Record Customer Deposits >List
Screens depicting the flow run
- In Salesforce Commerce Cloud - NetSuite Connector, go to Data Flows > Billing and click on Off/On button against the Commerce Cloud Transaction to NetSuite Customer Deposit Add flow.
- Click the run button to execute the Commerce Cloud Order to NetSuite Order Add flow.
- Once the order is imported in NetSuite, the connector automatically triggers the Commerce Cloud Transaction to NetSuite Customer Deposit Add flow.
- Once the flow runs successfully, you can open the sales order in NetSuite and go to the History tab to find all the Customer Deposit records created for the order as displayed in the following image:
- Open the record to match the same information defined in the mappings that have been imported from NetSuite.
Invoice attached to an Order and Customer deposit record in NetSuite
Once you apply the order invoice to the customer deposit records to cancel out the liability and make funds available in account receivable, you can access the same from order and customer deposit record in NetSuite.
- Customer Deposit