At the time of installing the connector, in the first installation step (Configure NetSuite Account Credentials) it is mandatory to set up the connector with Authentication Type as Basic as of yet. This restriction will be lifted off in the future releases. Once the connector has been successfully installed on your integrator.io account, you can go to the Connections option, locate the NetSuite Connection and click the Edit icon to change the connection from Basic to Token-Based Authentication (TBA).
NetSuite pre-requisites to establish the TBA connection
1. Enable TOKEN-BASED AUTHENTICATION setting in NetSuite
Enable Token-Based Authentication in your NetSuite environment by browsing to Setup > Company > Enable Features and click the SuiteCloud subtab. Now scroll down to the Manage Authentication section and check the box next to TOKEN-BASED AUTHENTICATION.
2. Assign permission for the role in NetSuite
You'll either need to modify an existing role or create a new role in NetSuite (Setup > Users/Roles > Manage Roles > New) with the following permissions:
- Under Permissions > Transactions:
- Under Permissions > Lists:
Custom Record Entries
Documents and Files
- Under Permissions > Setup:
Custom Record Types
SuiteBundler Audit Trail
User Access Tokens
Users & Passwords
3. Assign the role with permission to an account
Assign the role with all necessary permission to an Employee account you want to use for the token based connection. Edit the Employee Record (Setup > Users/Roles > Manage Users), browse to the Access > Roles Subtab. Add the role to the account and Save the changes. In the following image, Celigo IO Integration Admin is the new role with all permission that can be considered to be added to the account using which you want to configure your NetSuite connection pertaining to the connector.
One the employee record is saved, Log out from the NetSuite and log in again with the employee account for which you added the role with all required permissions.
Steps to generate Token ID and Token Secret in NetSuite
Use the following steps in NetSuite to generate Token ID and Token Secret in NetSuite that can be used in a connector to establish a token based connection between NetSuite and connector:
1. In the NetSuite global search box, enter access token.
2. From the search results select Page: New Access Token. The Access Token page is displayed.
3. Select eTail Connectors (Token-Based Auth) from the APPLICATION NAME drop-down list.
4. Select the desired user from the User drop-down list.
5. Select the role with all required permissions from the Role drop-down list.
6. Click Save. The confirmation page is displayed with TOKEN ID and TOKEN SECRET.
Make a note of TOKEN ID and TOKEN SECRET.
Changing your connection from Basic to Token in the connector
Use the following steps in your integrator.io account to change the connection type from basic to token:
1. Click on the Settings gear icon in the connector tile.
2. Click Connections. The connection page is displayed.
3. Click the Edit icon against NetSuite Connection. The Connection dialog box is displayed.
4. Change the Authentication Type drop-down list value from Basic to Token.
5. Enter the information in the new field displayed upon selecting Authentication Type as Token.
Note: You can copy and paste the Token Id and Token Secret noted in the previous section in the respective fields.
6. Click Test to ensure your NetSuite credentials are correct before saving the record.
7. Once your credentials are successfully verified, click Save.