A sandbox account is used to create a replica of the production account for development and testing purposes. A sandbox account is a security mechanism for separating running programs, usually in an effort to mitigate system failures or any other vulnerabilities from spreading.
Occasionally, the sandbox account is refreshed to bring the latest data and configurations from the production account into the sandbox account.
A release preview environment enables you to become familiar with the upcoming features of the release. It is used to create an exact copy of your production account with the new release features applied. You can verify if your existing business flows are working as intended using a release preview environment before the scheduled release date. NetSuite release preview environments are available for a limited time before the NetSuite release.
Risk in Sandbox refresh and release preview
When you refresh Sandbox from production or set up a release preview environment, there is a risk of accidentally linking Salesforce Production with the NetSuite Sandbox or release preview environment (instead of NetSuite Production). The following section describes how to reset the connection credentials to appropriately relink both the sandbox or release preview environment with a production environment.
Note: You must perform the steps in the following section immediately after the sandbox refresh to prevent any data sync between the sandbox/release preview and production environments.
Refresh and relink the Sandboxes or release preview environment with the production environments
When either or both NetSuite sandbox and Salesforce sandbox are refreshed or a NetSuite release preview is enabled, the Salesforce and NetSuite credentials saved in the integration app connections are also transported from production to sandbox. This causes the sandbox or release preview account to inaccurately point to the incorrect production account. Perform the following steps when you refresh either or both the Salesforce sandbox and NetSuite sandbox or release preview account:
- After the sandbox refresh or release preview setup, login to the Salesforce sandbox account and delete all the real-time sync objects in the Connector ID column that start with prefix "snc". These objects are automatically restored later.
- From the top right corner in integrator.io, click the Menu icon, and select Connections. The connections page is displayed.
- Click the Edit icon and ensure that the NetSuite connection points to the correct NetSuite account and has the right credentials.
Note: If the right credentials are not set in this Connection, the Salesforce - NetSuite integration app tile will not be displayed on the integrator.io dashboard. Once the credentials are updated, the tile will appear again on the IO dashboard.
- From the Settings pane in the Salesforce - NetSuite integration app tile, click Connections, and update the Salesforce credentials from the Connections link within the integration app settings.
It is important to update the Salesforce credentials before the NetSuite credentials. The integration app saves the NetSuite credentials in the Salesforce account (encrypted and securely) so when the Salesforce credentials are updated from IO, the credentials stored in the Salesforce account get updated as well.
- Once the Salesforce sandbox account credentials are updated, proceed with updating the NetSuite sandbox or release preview account credentials.
- Click on a data flow name to open the Edit Flow page.
- Click Next to reach the last step, and click Save. Repeat this process for all flows associated with the Salesforce - NetSuite integration app.
This will ensure that the new configurations are updated in the data flows and will also create proper real-time sync objects in your Salesforce account. Similarly, update and save any custom flows linking the Salesforce and NetSuite on the sandbox or release preview account.