Lightning Experience is the name for the new Salesforce user interface. If you are using the Salesforce Lightning Experience user interface, you may not see few custom buttons added to your Salesforce Classic account by the Salesforce-NetSuite Connector. Salesforce Classic is the name for the original Salesforce UI and app design. Once Lightning Experience is enabled, you can toggle between the Salesforce Classic UI and the Lightning Experience UI.
The following screen demonstrates how to switch from Salesforce Classic to Salesforce Lightning Experience:
The following screen demonstrates how to switch from Salesforce Lightning Experience to Salesforce Classic:
Once you switch to the Salesforce Lightning Experience user interface, you may notice that custom buttons, like Create NetSuite Order and Pull NetSuite Financial, are not available. To make these buttons accessible with the new Salesforce interface, new lighting components have been introduced to replace these custom buttons.
Steps to enable the Create NetSuite Order button
This section elaborates on how to enable the Create NetSuite Order button on the opportunity page in the New Salesforce interface. This custom button is available on the opportunity details page on the Salesforce Classic interface.
The following steps demonstrate how to enable the display for the Create NetSuite Order button on the Salesforce Lightning Experience user interface:
- Switch to the Salesforce Lightning Experience user interface.
- Click the Setup icon in the top-right corner of the page and select Edit Page.
- Click Deploy My Domain. The My Domain page is displayed.
- Create and Register your domain.
Note: You can skip the above steps if your domain is already registered.
- Open an opportunity in the new Salesforce interface and select Setup > Edit Page.
- From the left pane, navigate to the Custom- Managed lighting component.
- From the Custom- Managed lighting component, select the custom component for the Create NetSuite Order. Drag and drop the component in a place where you wish to see this button on the opportunity page of the new Salesforce interface.
- Click Save. You are re-directed to the opportunity page. You can see the Create NetSuite Order button in the same place where it was added by you. You can use this button in the same way as you did in the Salesforce Classic user interface:
Similarly, you can also enable the display for other custom buttons that are not available on any page by accessing the Custom- Managed lighting component and dragging the component at any place of your choice.