Note: The name “SmartConnector” has changed to the “Integration App” as they are built on our Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS), integrator.io.
To properly map Amazon promotions or discounts in NetSuite as to how much you discounted for your specific Amazon order, you can leverage the functionality offered by the Integration App for mapping all order discounts to a single discount item in NetSuite.
The Integration App provides you with the NetSuite discount item to track Amazon discounts field available in the Advanced Settings > Orders tab in the Order (MFN) and Order (FBA) section. You can use this field to set a single discount item from NetSuite that should be used for importing Amazon orders with Amazon Promotions/Discounts.
The following mapping has also been added in Field Mapping of the order import flow to support this feature:
This mapping is used to read the Amazon promotion id from an order and populate that promotion id into the eTail Discount Code field in the NetSuite Invoice record.
When a discount is applied to multiple items in an order, the Integration App performs the following:
- The Integration App sum ups the discount value of each item and displays the same in the Rate field in NetSuite.
- If there are multiple Promotion Ids present in an order, all the Promotion Ids are displayed in a comma-separated list in the eTail Discount Code field in NetSuite.
Steps depicting the flow run to handle discounts in order import
- Navigate to the Order (MFN or FBA) > Advanced Settings > Orders tab.
- Select a NetSuite discount item that you wish to be used as for tracking Amazon discounts.
- After making required configuration changes in the settings for the order flow, click the Run button.
- Order flow is triggered in the Dashboard page. Wait for flow to run successfully.
- Verify the total discounted price, discount item used, and promotional id information in the NetSuite Invoice record: