As an FBA merchant, you have to track the status of the items you ship to Amazon. You can automate your tracking process with the Amazon shipments to Business Central posted transfer receipts (add) flow. This flow syncs back the posted transfer receipts to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central as per the scheduled time.
Understand the flow
Prerequisite: If you haven’t established your shipment plan, see Sync Business Central transfer orders as inbound shipment plans and inbound shipments to Amazon. After you group and ship the items to Amazon as per the desired plan, the final step is to mark the status of the transfer orders. On receiving the partial or full inventory, the status of the shipment in Amazon is changed from “Working” to “Receiving.” Once the item arrives, the status will change to “Delivered” at Amazon. To know more about Amazon's status, see the shipment status at Amazon.
The Get shipment items from Amazon lookup gets the shipment item details from Amazon using the shipment ID as the criteria. The Get transfer orders from Business Central lookup gets the transfer order from Business Central using the shipment ID as a criteria. The Update received item quantity in Business Central import updates the received item quantity on the transfer order in Business Central. The Create posted transfer receipts in Business Central import creates the posted transfer receipts for the Business Central transfer orders. After all the transfer order lines are posted to the receipt, the transfer order is deleted from Business Central.
When you enable the Amazon shipments to Business Central posted transfer receipts (add) flow, the posted transfer receipts are created for the partial or full delivered shipments and link to the appropriate transfer order. Once the shipment is fully delivered to Amazon, the Transfer Order status is changed to “Received” in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
Configure the settings
- Go to Flows > Shipments (TO).
- Choose one or many statuses for Amazon inbound shipments from the Select Amazon inbound shipment status setting. Only shipments with a selected status will generate a posted transfer receipt in Business Central.
- Click Save.
Run the flow
- Go to Flows > Shipments (TO).
- Next to the Amazon shipments to Business Central posted transfer receipts (add) flow, use the toggle button to enable the flow.
- If you run the flow for the first time, a delta flow pop-up window is displayed. This helps you to sync the historical shipments.
- Automatic: Choose this option to process and sync data from the last flow run time OR
- Custom: Choose this option to select a custom start date and time from when you wish to process and sync data.
- Click Run.
You can see the flow status in the integrator.io Dashboard. On a successful sync, for every record, the success count of the flow including the import and export is shown as 1.
Understand the records in Amazon and Business Central
Based on the shipment, the Amazon shipments to Business Central posted transfer receipts (add) flow generates one or many posted transfer receipts in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. These posted transfer receipts are linked to the child transfer orders. In posted transfer receipts, the quantity is shown only for the received items. The flow syncs full and partial shipments.
- The flow gets the shipments only for the statuses selected in the Select Amazon inbound shipment status setting (Flows > Shipments (TO).
- The flow updates the received quantity on the child transfer orders.