Note: We’ve renamed our SmartConnectors to Integration Apps.
ADP - NetSuite Integration app Employee Sync
A file is created by ADP, containing new and updated employees. The integration retrieves the file, creates new Employee records and updates existing Employee records in NetSuite.
Use Case Summary
- The ADP system generates a CSV file and automatically places it on an FTP server. The Celigo ADP integration app will then access this FTP server and read the data from the file.
- Each line includes a new employee or an existing employee whose record in ADP has been updated.
- The Integrator looks up the Employee ID in NetSuite.
- If the Employee ID does not exist, the Integrator creates the new Employee record
- The integration app first searches NetSuite with the ADP employee ID. If it finds it then it will simply update that Employee record.
- If it does not find the Employee ID in the NetSuite Account, then it will search for the email address of that employee. If it finds the email address, it associates the ADP ID with that Employee record and updates the same record.
- If the integration app does not find the email address, then it will create a new Employee record in NetSuite.
Note: If the ADP CSV file contains Account and Department code in a single column, then the integration app splits them and the end-user can easily map the codes from the CSV file to actual accounts and departments in ADP. Updates are supported. Deletes are not supported, though inactivation is and is preferred. An example of static mapping done through the IO mapping screen is shown in the example.
The data flow settings dashboard:
Go to Employee Sync data flow and turn on the data flow:
The switch turns green.
Settings: Provide the following information
Run the flow
Dashboard provides status of the integration jobs.
Completed, successfully transported four records.
The employee list is imported into NetSuite successfully.