The Order Import flow imports new orders from Magento into NetSuite in real time as soon as an order is created on your Magento website or Magento admin panel.
Customer Placing an Order in Magento
Order captured in the Magento backend with status ‘Pending’.
Magento Order Statuses
Magento orders with a status of Processing or Pending are considered new and are imported by default. It is possible, however, to use different statuses for this purpose, including custom statuses.
Status changed to ‘Pending Payment’ (after sync)
Order is imported into NetSuite in real time for order fulfillment (ref: PO#)
The Connector does not support ‘Item Group’ type items. That is, if an item on an order being imported is set up as an ‘Item Group’ in NetSuite, the import of that order will fail.
Field Mapping file in the PDF Document.
Flow Scheduling and Monitoring
The Order Import flow runs in real time as soon as the order is placed in Magento. The flow can be monitored from the integration dashboard.
Duplicate Order Check
The Connector creates a custom Magento ID field in NetSuite during Connector installation. The Magento ID from Magento is stored in this field as well as the External ID field when orders are imported to NetSuite. When importing an order, the Connector first checks for an existing order in NetSuite with the same Magento ID. If found, the new order is considered a duplicate.
The setting of the Magento order ID as the NetSuite order’s External ID acts as an additional check against importing duplicate orders, as NetSuite does not allow multiple orders with the same External ID. The Connector also checks the Magento box on the NetSuite order to indicate that the order came from Magento.
Handling Customers Associated with Orders
There are two types of orders in Magento – customer orders and guest orders. Based on the order type, the Connector uses the following criteria to find the corresponding NetSuite customer and set it on the NetSuite order:
A) Customers (identified by Magento ID) – For customer orders, the Connector searches for existing customers in NetSuite based on the Magento ID value of the customer. If found, that customer is set on the NetSuite order.
B) Guests (identified by email address) – For guest orders or when no match is found on Magento ID, the Connector searches for customers with a matching email address. If a match is found, the Connector selects the first record returned in the result, which is usually the record with the lowest internal ID when there are multiple matches. The Connector checks the match for a Magento ID related to another Magento customer. If a Magento ID exists, it creates a new customer record in NetSuite. If no Magento ID exists, it updates the record with the data from Magento and also sets the Magento ID field. If neither of the above searches returns any matches, the Connector creates a new customer record in NetSuite and sets the customer name on the order.
If you use multiple currencies in NetSuite, the Connector checks the currency of the Magento order and sets the primary currency on the customer’s record in NetSuite before importing the order. When the order is imported, NetSuite automatically sources the currency from the customer record. Please note that NetSuite only allows the currency to be set while there are no transactions for the customer. If a customer being updated is using another currency the Connector reports an error.
Celigo Real Time Import Flow configuration contains the settings for features like multi-currency enablement, discounts etc.
Note: The Multi-Currency feature must be enabled and properly configured in NetSuite for the Connector to set the currency as described above.
Discounted Orders (Coupons)
Magento supports several types of discounts such as coupons (shopping cart price rules), gift certificate redemption, and store credit and rewards points. This section describes how the Connector handles them.
Coupons – The Connector supports coupons without any changes required. Magento coupon codes are mapped to existing NetSuite discount items by default. However, they can be mapped to promotions by Celigo at no additional charge. During import, the Connector sets the appropriate field on the NetSuite order. Discounts are applied at the order level; they are not supported on line items.
Note: The Connector does not support syncing of coupon, discount, or promotions data between NetSuite and Magento. You need to set up matching discounts in both systems.
Setting up discount in Magento
Discounts viewed under Promotions section in NetSuite
Credit Cards and Payment Methods
For orders placed using credit cards, the actual credit card number is imported and stored securely in NetSuite. However, the authorization code imported along with the order data is enough to capture the payment in NetSuite. The main benefit of having the Credit Card Number in NetSuite is the ability to do a refund later or a re-authorization if an order went on backorder and the original authorization code expired. Please note that the same payment gateway needs to be used in the both systems in this case; otherwise the payment cannot be captured in NetSuite.
The Connector supports the following card types only:
- American Express
The Connector imports the Credit Card Information from these fields in Magento: ‘Name on Card’, ’Credit Card Type’, ‘Credit Card Number’, ‘Expiration Date’.
- Sales Tax – The Connector cannot set the Tax Item or the Tax Total on the NetSuite sales order if NetSuite is configured to automatically apply them. In order for tax totals to match between systems, the tax tables/rules must be identical in both systems.
- Shipping – Shipping method rates must also be identical in both systems. Otherwise, the order total will differ between NetSuite and Magento.
- Discount Amounts – While setting discounts or promotions, the Connector sets the discount amount based on the value coming from Magento. However, in some cases NetSuite may override the value the Connector sets. To prevent this, it is important to make corresponding discounts or promotions use the same rate or value.
- Order Total – The Connector does not set the Order Total amount. NetSuite automatically calculates and sets this amount.
- Credit Card Number – The credit card (CC) number cannot be imported if the Order fails to import into NetSuite on the first attempt. Also, the CC number cannot be imported for the Payment Methods which redirect the shopper to third party websites for payment processing and then redirects the shopper back to the Magento Order success page. This would typically include these payment methods: ‘Paypal Standard’, ‘Paypal Express Checkout’, ‘Authorize.net Direct Post’.
- Payment Method – Only one payment method can be imported per sales order.
Order Total Variance Handling
It is possible that the order total might not match between the two systems if there is a mismatch in tax, shipping, or discount rates. The Connector has the ability to calculate variances in order total. After orders are imported to NetSuite, the Connector immediately compares NetSuite’s calculated total fields with what was sent from Magento. These fields include Tax Total, Ship Total, and Order Total. If there is any difference between the values calculated by NetSuite and the values sent from Magento, the difference is stored in one of the variance custom fields shown below. You may report on these fields in NetSuite on a periodic basis and adjust your G/L with a journal entry if variance values exist.
– Gift certificates, Store credit, and Reward points are not supported out of the box.
Data Syncing is not supported for:
- The Connector does not support syncing of coupon, discount, or promotions data between NetSuite and Magento. You need to set up matching discounts in both systems.
- The Connector does not sync tax tables between the two systems as they are not accessible to Web services.
- The Connector does not sync shipping methods between the two systems as they are not accessible to Web services.
Credit Card Number
The credit card number cannot be imported for certain Payment Method types. Please see “Important Notes” for this data flow.
The gift card product or e-gift-certificate product message cannot be applied to individual line items during checkout.
This section describes the error handling techniques.
The Magento flow ID is displayed and the error description is displayed.
Mass Sales Order Push to NetSuite
Navigate to Sales > Magento NetSuite Orders
Select all orders and Push to NetSuite
On Demand Order Import
The Celigo Magento Connector Plus Configuration section enables you to perform ‘On Demand Batch Import’ when real time flow is disabled.
Magento NetSuite Integration Details
Navigate to System > Configuration to view the Integration Configuration page, where order status and payment methods are set up.
You can push orders from this section by inserting the Order ID and clicking ‘Push Order’.