The Customer Export flow exports customer data in real time from NetSuite to Magento. The customer record is exported from NetSuite to Magento only when the Export to Magento checkbox field under the Magento subtab of the NetSuite customer record is checked and the record is saved. The Connector creates a new customer in Magento if there is no Magento ID on the NetSuite record. If the NetSuite customer contains a Magento ID, the Connector updates the already linked Magento customer with any changes made in NetSuite.
Exporting New Customers
A new customer record is created in Magento if the following criteria are met:
- The customer is not marked as inactive in NetSuite.
- The Email field on the NetSuite customer record is not empty.
- The Magento Customer Group field under the Magento subtab on the NetSuite customer record is not empty.
Note: The Magento Customer Group field allows you to set the customer group this customer belongs to once it is exported to Magento. To set this field in NetSuite, you must first import the list of Customer Groups from Magento. You can do this using the integration dashboard. Also, not all customer groups can use the Web login page in Magento – ensure that the right customer group in NetSuite is chosen before triggering the export.
- The Magento ID field under the Magento subtab on the NetSuite customer record is empty.
- The Magento Password field under the Magento subtab on the NetSuite customer record is not empty.
Note: The Magento Password field allows you to set a password that the customer can use to login to Magento once their data is exported from NetSuite. This field is plain text and does not lose its value after export.
Updating Customer Data in Magento
If the Magento ID field under the Magento subtab on the NetSuite customer record is non-empty, the Connector exports the data to the corresponding Magento customer and updates the Magento customer record. Note – the address cannot be updated from NetSuite to Magento due to a technical limitation.
Customer creation in NetSuite
Customer record appears in Magento in real time displayed in the Customers list.
After record synchronization, the Magento ID appears in the NetSuite record under the Magento subtab.
The Connector does not support customer record deletions. If a record is deleted in one system, it will need to be manually deleted in the other system.
After a customer is created in Magento, the customer’s address list is exported to Magento. Due to limitations in both systems, the Connector may fail to link an address record in NetSuite with an address record in Magento. In case of such a failure, a mapping or export error is logged, and the export continues.
The following rules apply when mapping the Addressee and Attention fields in NetSuite to the Full Name and Company fields in Magento:
- The Attention field in NetSuite is split into the First Name and Last Name fields in the Magento address. If the Attention value is more than 2 words long, the last word maps to Last Name, and each word before it maps to the First Name.
- If the Attention field in NetSuite is empty but the Addressee field is not empty, the Addressee field is used instead of the Attention field.
- If the Default Billing Address in NetSuite has a value for Addressee but the Attention field is empty, the value for Company on the customer record is exported to the Company field in the Magento address.
Created a Guest Customer Group
Customer Group ‘Guest Customer’ is saved and displayed in the list.
Running the Customer Groups Import flow in the Integrator
Customer Group record is successfully imported.
Go to NetSuite Record Types and view the ‘Magento Customer Group’ record
Guest Customer group is visible in the record
This feature is then visible in the Item creation section