- Before you run the flow, configure NetSuite saved search
- Create a variation theme in NetSuite
- Select a variation theme on the NetSuite matrix item
- Run the "NetSuite matrix item to Shopify product (add or update)" flow
- Understand the matrix item record in Shopify
The NetSuite matrix items are synced as product variations to Shopify. The parent matrix item is exported as a Shopify product and the child matrix items are exported as variations for the same product in Shopify.
The data flow supports inventory matrix items and Assembly matrix items (Simple, Lot Numbered, Serialized) and also supports exporting the same NetSuite matrix item to multiple Shopify stores.
In NetSuite, ensure that two saved search records are set up as shown:
- Celigo Shopify Item Export [Store name] Saved Search
- Celigo Shopify Matrix Item Export [Store name] Saved Search
- In the Celigo Shopify Item Export [Store name] Saved Search, in the Criteria subsection, ensure that the following are met. If the child item does not meet the saved search criteria, it will be removed from Shopify:
- The matrix item is set to False
- The matrix child item is set to False
- The pricing level is set up
- In the Celigo Shopify Matrix Item Export [Store name] Saved Search, in the Criteria subsection, ensure that the following are met. If the child item does not meet the saved search criteria, it will be removed from Shopify:
- The matrix item is set to True
- The pricing level is set up
Shopify only allows three options at the maximum to create a variation theme. You need to provide the Option Name (Shopify Option Label) & Option Id (NetSuite Matrix Option Field Internal Id).
In NetSuite, create a matrix item. The variation theme is available in the eTail subsection section.
On the next page, provide a name for the Variation Theme. This could be any label, for example, Color, Size, Length, or Width. Inside Variation Option 1, Variation Option 2, provide values for the option name & field id.
Option (Name) would be the value that would be displayed on Shopify Item as an Option, for example, Color, Size, Length, Width, etc.
Option (Field Id) would be the internal ID of the NetSuite matrix option field from which the Integration App would read the values for these options. For example, if a NetSuite Matrix Option field "Color" (internal id: custitem_color) is set up to include all the option values for color, then you need to provide the value of this field as custitem_color.
You can set up as many variation themes as you would like for your products and once a variation theme is created, you can assign the same one to as many products as you would like.
Create a NetSuite Matrix Item. Provide the variation details (like Size and Color) on the Matrix Options fields as usual. Once you are ready to export this item to Shopify, you need to set the eTail Channel to "Shopify". Select the required "Shopify Stores" & then you must choose a value for the "Shopify Variation Theme" on the Matrix Parent Item. See the above section on how to create a variation theme.
- Log in to your integrator.io account.
- Click Shopify - NetSuite.
- Go to Flows > Product.
- Next to the NetSuite matrix item to Shopify product (add or update) flow, use the toggle button (On/Off) to enable the flow.
- On the Confirm enable pane, click Enable.
- Run the flow. The integrator.io dashboard displays the job status. The flow completes in a few seconds.
The matrix items are now visible in the Shopify store.
Click on the product to view the matrix item details.