Configuration settings enable you to modify OOTB (out of the box) data flows based on your specific business needs. You can customize & fine tune the data flows for the following records: orders, fulfillment, inventory, billing and products. Let's look into each of these in detail:
Order Advanced Settings snapshot with field descriptions
- Shopify Order Id: Provide up to 5 Shopify order ids separated by a comma (,) and click Save for an on-demand import of orders from Shopify to NetSuite. Open an order in the view mode in Shopify to find the order id from the page URL.
- Add web orders into NetSuite: Lets you define the Order Import trigger in Shopify. Based on whether you would like the orders to come into NetSuite when they are authorized, captured, or fulfilled in Shopify, you can set the value of this field.
- Add POS orders into NetSuite as sales orders: By default, all POS orders are added as cash sales in NetSuite. When selected, this checkbox allows you to add all Shopify POS orders as sales orders in NetSuite.
Note: When the checkbox is selected, this setting becomes applicable to both the Order Add and Cash Sale Add flow and the configuration overrides all other settings for POS orders that imports them as Cash Sales.
- Assign NetSuite order status as Pending Approval: Let’s you add high-risk orders in Shopify with "Pending Approval" order status in NetSuite. Rest of the orders are added in "Pending Fulfillment" status.
NetSuite discount item to track Shopify discounts: Lets you choose the corresponding NetSuite item to track discount amounts on your Shopify orders. Discount Code used on the Shopify order is mapped to the "Shopify Discount Code" field under "eTail" tab on the Sales Order record in NetSuite.
NetSuite item to track Shopify gift card redemption as a line item: Lets you choose the corresponding NetSuite item to track the Shopify gift card amount & adds it as a line item on the NetSuite sales order. The NetSuite item must be set up as a Non-Inventory item.
NetSuite item to track Shopify shipping cost as a line item:This is an optional setting and lets you choose the corresponding NetSuite item to track Shopify order shipping costs as a line item on the NetSuite sales order. The NetSuite item must be set up as a Non-Inventory item.
NetSuite item to track Shopify tax amount as a line item: This is an optional setting and lets you choose the corresponding NetSuite item to track Shopify order tax amounts as a line item on the NetSuite sales order. The NetSuite item must be set up as a Non-Inventory item.
Default NetSuite customer if missing on Shopify order: Provide the internal ID of the default customer record in NetSuite to be assigned to the NetSuite sales order record when there is no customer information present on the Shopify side.
- Multi-Currency customers enabled in NetSuite: Check this box if you allow the creation of sales transactions in multiple currencies for individual customers in NetSuite. In NetSuite, navigate to Setup -> Company -> Enable Features and under 'Company', look for 'Multi-Currency Customers' to see if this feature is enabled.
- Remove phone number if invalid on Shopify order: Lets you define a business rule where invalid phone numbers on Shopify order are automatically removed before the order is added to NetSuite. This prevents any manual intervention to import orders with invalid phone numbers (<7 digits or alphanumeric format).
Trim customer name if invalid on Shopify order: Lets you define a business rule where invalid first name & last name on a Shopify order are automatically trimmed to first 32 characters before the order is added to NetSuite. This prevents order import failures when the buyer enters more than 32 characters for first name and/or last name fields in Shopify.
Default first name if missing on Shopify order: Lets you define a business rule where the missing first name on Shopify order is automatically replaced with a default value of your choice before the order is added to NetSuite. This helps prevent any manual intervention to import orders with missing first name. For example, you can enter a default value FNU i.e. First Name Unavailable in this field.
NetSuite account to be credited for Shopify POS orders: Lets you choose the NetSuite account to be credited for the Shopify POS orders imported directly as cash sales in NetSuite.
NOTE ABOUT CUSTOMER IMPORT SETTINGS
Order imports fail if customer record with same ID already exists in NetSuite
Order imports from Shopify to NetSuite sometimes fail when customer records with same Customer IDs are already present in NetSuite. You may see the following error:
"Failed to add/update customer for Shopify order #1xx1. A customer record with this ID already exists. You must enter a unique customer ID for each record you create. To correct this record, click and enter a new customer ID in the Customer field."
In the following example, note the field CUSTOMER ID. If another customer comes with the same name, customer creation will fail.
This error occurs because the Auto ID feature in NetSuite is not enabled. Note that the customer name is used to to create the Customer ID. Any time a new customer comes with a name that already exists in NetSuite, customer creation will fail. To avoid such errors, please enable the Auto ID generation feature in NetSuite.
To set up auto-generated numbers in NetSuite, go to the link ‘Set up Auto-generated Numbers’ (or click https://system.na1.netsuite.com/app/setup/numbering.nl?whence=) and provide the necessary information.
Fulfillment Advanced Settings
- NetSuite Saved Search for syncing item fulfillments: The drop-down list displays the saved search pertaining to fulfillment that is created in NetSuite. Select the desired saved search from the list. Click Refresh to fetch the records that have not been imported from NetSuite to Shopify.
Inventory Advanced Settings
- Always sync inventory levels for entire catalog: Enabling this setting allows you to sync the inventory levels for all the NetSuite items (linked to your Shopify store) on each run of the inventory export data flow.
- NetSuite locations to pick inventory from: Enabling this setting allows you to sync the inventory levels for all the NetSuite items (linked to your Shopify store) on each run of the inventory export data flow.
Billing Advanced Settings (Saved Search)
Product Advanced Settings (Saved Search)
Cancellation Advanced Settings (Saved Search)
Refund Advanced Settings (Saved Search)