Almost an year and a half ago we launched a completely redesigned version of our very popular Salesforce - NetSuite Connector. The Connector was built from the ground up to be easy to set up, be completely configurable and solve most business needs out of the box. Since then many of our customers have used the Connector to seamlessly integrate Salesforce and NetSuite and streamlined their business processes. We have observed and understood the myriad ways customers use the Connector to solve their business needs. Today we are launching a new update to the Connector which brings in additional data flows and customization options out of the box to make the Connector even more powerful and turnkey.
The main highlights of this release are:
- Account updates sync independent of Opportunity - The Connector provides an option to sync a Salesforce Account associated with an Opportunity as NetSuite Customer when that Opportunity is synced as a NetSuite Sales Order. Once a Salesforce Account is synced to a NetSuite Customer further updates in the Account will sync automatically to NetSuite without syncing the Opportunity again.
- NetSuite Exchange rates to Salesforce - Many customers use NetSuite as the master database for exchange rates. A new data flow allows you to sync the latest exchange rate information from NetSuite to Salesforce. This is a batch flow the its running frequency can be easily adjusted. The Connector also displays the Corporate currency in the Salesforce account in Connector settings which acts as the base currency in the Salesforce account.
- Salesforce Product to NetSuite Item - The Connector now supports syncing Salesforce Products as NetSuite Items. The following NetSuite Item types are supported out of the box:
- Inventory Item
- Serialized Inventory Item
- Lot Numbered Inventory Item
- Non - inventory Item
- Service Item
The Connector configuration page provides an option to easily match a Salesforce Product to a NetSuite Item type. A picklist can be created on the Salesforce Product record and based on the value of the picklist, that Product will get synced as the appropriate Item type in NetSuite.
- Salesforce Opportunity to NetSuite Opportunity - This new data flow allows you to sync a Salesforce Opportunity as a NetSuite Opportunity. The Connector introduces a new button (optional) on the Salesforce Opportunity - ‘Create NetSuite Opportunity’ which when clicked syncs the Salesforce Opportunity as a NetSuite Opportunity. If the Account associated with this Opportunity is not present in NetSuite, then the Connector will create this Account as a Customer in NetSuite. The line items associated with the Salesforce Opportunity are synced as well to the NetSuite Opportunity.
- Salesforce Order to NetSuite Order - This new data flow allows you to sync a Salesforce Order as a NetSuite Order. The Connector introduces a new button (optional) on the Salesforce Order - ‘Create NetSuite Order’ which when clicked syncs the Salesforce Order along with the line items as NetSuite Order.
- Salesforce Opportunity to NetSuite Project - This new data flow allows you to sync a Salesforce Opportunity as a NetSuite Project. The Connector introduces a new button (optional) on the Salesforce Opportunity - ‘Create NetSuite Project’ which when clicked syncs the Salesforce Opportunity as a NetSuite Project. If the Account associated with this Opportunity is not present in NetSuite, then the Connector will create this Account as a Customer in NetSuite.
- Advanced mapping for Country and State information between Salesforce and NetSuite - NetSuite maintains the list of Countries and States as per their ISO codes however Salesforce does not insist of the same restrictions as NetSuite. So a country or state name can be spelled differently in Salesforce which would result in mismatch when they sync to NetSuite. In this release we have introduced an option to maintain the list of countries and states as it is present in Salesforce within the NetSuite account. When a country or state information comes from Salesforce as part of the data flow, a dynamic lookup on this list identifies the correct country or state in NetSuite and makes sure the correct records are mapped between the two systems.
- More robust Contact sync - Previously when there were a large number of Contacts in a single account the Connector would exceed the computational limits of Salesforce and would not sync these accounts to NetSuite. We have optimized our syncing logic and now the Connector can sync up to 50 Contacts associated with a single Salesforce Account to NetSuite.