Gift Cards created in Magento are imported into NetSuite as Gift Certificates.
Gift Cards are supported natively by Magento Enterprise Edition; otherwise you need a plugin that has API support. The popular use cases are:
- Sync NetSuite created gift codes to Magento: When an order is created in NetSuite with gift certificate as a purchased item/s, the connector exports the generated gift code to Magento.
- Update balance of gift code/s to Magento when redeemed in NetSuite: When a gift code is redeemed in NetSuite, the connector updates its balance in Magento also.
- Import Magento orders with purchased gift card item/s in NetSuite: When a gift card is purchased in Magento, the connector imports that order to NetSuite and places the gift certificate item at line level with gift card details from Magento.
# Magento Enterprise: Enterprise has two options of generating gift code on order; either when ORDERED or when INVOICED.
$ ORDERED: When this setting is on, as soon as the order is placed , the connector gets the gift code to set on gift item in NetSuite.
$ INVOICED: In case of invoiced setting, the gift code would not be generated when order is placed but rather when the order is invoiced (which could be either a manual invoicing in Magento or by using the Billing export flow).
- Import Magento orders with redeemed gift code/s: When an order is placed in Magento using gift code as the payment method, the connector places that as the payment in NetSuite too.
- Gift Certificate must be enabled. Setup > Company > Enable Features > Items & Inventory > check Gift Certificates
- Gift Certificate Code must be System Generated Setup > Accounting > Accounting Preferences > Items & Transactions > other item preferences > Gift Certificate Auth Code generation > system generation
- Length of the gift card must be 9 characters max System > Configuration >Gift Cards >Gift Card Account General Setting Code length > 9 character
- Generate Gift Card Account when Order Item is ordered state System > Configuration >Gift Cards > Gift Card Account when Order Item is > Ordered
Note: First enable the flow in Integrator. Fresh install makes the flow disabled (inactive state)
Set up the gift card in Magento as follows:
Make sure that the Gift Certificate feature is enabled in NetSuite.
Enabling Gift Certificates in NetSuite: Accounting preferences (under Accounting > Accounting Preferences > Items/Transactions > Other Item Preferences (sub tab)
Also ensure the following setting in NetSuite:
Gift Certificate Auth Code Generation: Select ‘System Generated’ option.
Whenever a gift card is purchased in Magento, it is imported as a line item on the same transaction with the same set of details: gift certificate recipient name, sender's name, recipient email and text message.
Note that SKU on Magento has to match with NetSuite.
Mapping of Gift Card purchase for Order Import
Only one gift code is supported per item. Please ask assistance from support for doing the mapping.
This is how it looks like in IO UI
Mapping for Gift Certificate Redemption
This is how it looks like in IO UI
NOTE : Here $.celigogiftcards[*].a corresponds for amount and $.celigogiftcards[*].c corresponds for code.
Custom Record used to store mapping of Magento and Netsuite gift cards => Magento GiftCards Mapping
Placing an order in Magento (sample screen)
Gift code configuration section.
The real time flow imports the Magento Gift Card into NetSuite as a Gift Certificate.
The gift certificate is visible in NetSuite. (Note: To use gift card, order has to be billed in NetSuite)