Before or after unification of the SuiteScript integrator (previous version) with the new integrator.io platform, ensure that the following steps are followed to avoid issues such as ‘settings and dashboard sections not loading’ etc. Users who do not have administrator permissions for operating the integrator may encounter such issues. Not having adequate role permissions could be one of the reasons for errors.
You need to provide controlled access to non-Administrators for them to set up, run, and maintain integrations and connectors in the new Celigo Integrator.io platform. Each non-Administrator will be able to only access the NetSuite Record Types that their Role permits.
How to set up permissions for non-administrators in NetSuite
In-order to enable a non-Administrator to access the Integrator UI, minor changes need to be made in your NetSuite account by an Administrator.
You need to set the "Custom Record Entries" permission for each of those Roles, granting at least "View" level permission. The "Custom Record Entries" permission for each Role is under the "Permissions > Lists" tab on each Role Definition page.
- To see a list of roles available in your account, go to Setup > Users/Roles > Manage Roles to open the Manage Roles page. This page indicates the center associated with each role and whether the role is standard or custom.
- Click a Customize link (Celigo Integration Admin record) to create a custom version of a standard role.
- Modify permissions of the following records in the ‘Permissions > Set-up’ section:
- Custom Record Types
- Custom Lists
- Web Services
- Select the ‘Level’ and Save after modification.
- Go to ‘Custom Lists’ and click on the row to modify the value to View or Full.
- Go to ‘Custom Record Types’ and click on the row to modify the value to View or Full.
- Go to ‘Web Services’ and click on the row to modify the value to View or Full.
- When the above settings are configured and saved, the user will be able to view the data flow settings and dashboard correctly in the new integrator.io platform and the screen won’t be stuck at ‘loading’.
Please note, NetSuite 2018.1 release requires two-factor authentication (2FA) for the initial login of all users with the Administrator role and Full Access roles in newly provisioned accounts.
For users of the following connectors:
ADP - NetSuite Connector, Amazon - NetSuite Connector (SuiteScript or IO), BigCommerce – NetSuite Connector, Cash Application Manager (IO), eBay - NetSuite Connector (SuiteScript or IO), JIRA - NetSuite Connector, Magento 2 - NetSuite Connector, Shopify - NetSuite Connector, Vendor Payment Manager, Walmart - NetSuite Connector , Zendesk - NetSuite Connector, Salesforce Commerce Cloud - NetSuite Connector, Salesforce - NetSuite Connector v1, Salesforce - NetSuite Connector v2.
- If you are installing the connector in an 18.1 provisioned NetSuite account, you need to install the connector with the NetSuite connection setup with Basic authentication. The role should be a non-admin role that should not have 2FA enabled. Once the connector is installed, switch the NetSuite connection from Basic to Token.
- If you are an existing user of any of the aforementioned connectors, there is no immediate action since this feature is only applicable to accounts provisioned in 18.1 but it's highly recommended you switch the Authentication Type from Basic to Token so any future NetSuite releases will not have any impact on your integration.
If you are already using Authentication Type as Token, your connector will remain unaffected even if you use the 2FA feature in NetSuite. Hence, you are not required to take any action.
For users of the following connectors:
Magento 1 Connector, SVB Connector
- Magento 1- NetSuite Connector (SuiteScript) and Silicon Valley Bank - NetSuite Connector do not support Authentication Type: Token but only Basic. There is no immediate action since this feature is only applicable to accounts provisioned in 18.1 but it's highly recommended you switch the integration role from Admin to a Non-Admin so any future NetSuite releases will not have any impact on your integration. The non-admin role must have all the necessary permissions required by the connector.
For additional information, please see this article