Items created in NetSuite are exported to Jet in batch flows and can be configured to transfer data in scheduled intervals. The settings are configured in the integrator.io dashboard.
The connector exports all NetSuite simple inventory items as Products on Jet.com, so the product catalogs can be maintained inside NetSuite.
Jet.com follows Product based strategy when it comes to listing seller catalog. This means that Jet maintains a centralized product repository and tries to map products from all sellers to the already existing products in the same repository. It tries to match using unique identifiers such as UPC, ISBN, MFN & Brand Name combination etc. If it does not find a match, then Jet.com will carefully evaluate the product and later add it to the centralized repository. For example, it will have only one product definition for “iPhone 7” even though it is sold by many sellers on its platform. This is very similar to Amazon ASIN concept. For buyers, this makes product search, discovery and comparison much easier.
Best practice: Refer Jet Product Listing Do’s and Do Not’s (pdf)
Jet organizes product attributes into 3 categories:
- Required Fields
- ASIN (Amazon standard identification number for this merchant SKU if available.)
- Standard_product_codes (Any one of GTIN-14, EAN, ISBN-10, ISBN-13, UPC. This is mandatory if ASIN not provided)
- Multipack_quantity (Number of items with the given Standard Product Code that makes up a merchant SKU (product offer))
- Bullets (Merchant SKU feature description. Jet currently allows for up to 5 bullets)
- Shipping_weight_pounds (Item Weight)
- Map_price (Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) for the product)
- Jet_browse_node_id (The unique ID that defines where the product will be found in the Jet.com browse structure.)
- Category Specific Attributes (id, value, units)
- A host of other information fields about the Item including package dimensions, product tax code and alternative images.
Product Listing scenarios
- If the product is already in Jet.com repository, the connector just needs to send the required fields
- If the product is not already listed on the Jet.com repository, the connector needs to send at least (required + recommended) fields
Imp Note: The current data flow sends required + recommended fields (as mapped by the customer) except for the category specific attributes. So for now, this flow works best for NetSuite items which have a matching SKU on the Jet product repository.
Product images from NetSuite are automatically transferred to Jet by the Integrator. The connector exports all Item Images from NetSuite as Product Images on Jet.com, so that system administrators can manage Jet product images from within NetSuite.
The following information is exported from NetSuite to Jet.com
Screens depicting the data flow:
Create an item in NetSuite and trigger the data flow from the integrator.io settings dashboard.
The dashboard provides the status of the data flow.
Verify that the item is instantly exported to Jet.
NetSuite Saved Search for syncing items: Select the value from the list and Save the settings.