NetSuite Matrix items are a series of the same item available in different options. Matrix items are available for inventory, non-inventory, service, and other charge items. In NetSuite, you can create and maintain your item records using an item matrix. An item matrix enables you to track your items by options such as size and color. An item matrix consists of a parent item and subitems. With an item matrix, each individual combination is tracked separately.
The Magento 2 - NetSuite Connector provides automated and real time data flows to sync items from NetSuite to products in Magento 2. The Product data flow group consists of two flows:
- NetSuite Item to Magento Product Add/Update
- NetSuite Matrix Item to Magento Configurable Product Add/Update
For the matrix items to sync between NetSuite and Magento, the attribute set must be in sync in both systems. The Attributes Set related data flow (Magento Attribute Set to NetSuite Add/Update) must be triggered first (available in the General data flows) and then the Item related flows must be run.
To export items from NetSuite to Magento 2, run the data flows in the following order:
- First run flow NetSuite Item to Magento Product Add/Update. The child/simple items are successfully exported first to Magento 2.
- Next, run flow NetSuite Matrix Item to Magento Configurable Product Add/Update. This flow exports the parent item record into Magento 2 and then links the parent item to the child items and creates the configurable product in Magento 2.
Prerequisites for matrix item flow
Before running the Matrix Item export flow, the following prerequisites must be taken care of in NetSuite and Magento 2:
Magento based required fields
- Item weight must be defined
- Display name must be present
- Attribute set must be assigned
- Sku must be defined
- Unique URL key for each product must be available (refer screen below)
Connector based required fields
- Etail channel (section in NetSuite item record) must be set up (eTail channel and Magento 2 attribute set options must be set up) - refer screen below
- Any new field created in NetSuite should be added to NetSuite Saved Search. The same fields must then must be set up in the field mapping section of the specific data flow.
Ensure the following prerequisites are completed for Matrix Item Export: (refer screens below)
- Add URL key mapping for Matrix Item Saved Search & Item Export Saved Search.
- Add URL key mapping in the connector for Matrix Item flow (in the field mapping section)
- Set up Price Level (and quantity, if any) to avoid duplicate item creation and other errors.
- For example, Add Color & Size Attributes (If not available) on Magento 2.
- Add mappings for 'Color' and 'Size' in Item Saved Search results in NetSuite (both in Matrix Item Saved Search & Item Export Saved Search).
- Map these 'Color' and 'Size' with the color and size attributes of Magento 2 in both the data flows (Item and Matrix Item)
Run Data Flows in the Connector
- First run the Attribute Set import flow. (While creating 'attribute sets' make sure that you provide identical name values for color and size attributes and mark them as global in Magento 2; both systems must contain values with the same name and case)
- Create a matrix item. First run normal Item export (Result: All items will be exported as simple products in this step) & then run matrix item export (Now child items will be linked to parent).
Steps with screenshots
- URL Key Mapping
Go to the Saved Search record and set up the URL key. (search for Magento 2 Item Saved search)
Add color and size attributes in Magento 2 (the name values are case sensitive and must be identical in both Magento 2 and NetSuite for accurate mapping)
Go to the respective data flow and add the mappings in the field mapping section.
Add the fields to the mappings and Save. Add mappings to both data flows: simple and matrix data flows.
Go to the data flows section and run Attribute Set flow (Magento Attribute Set to NetSuite Add/Update)
Status of the data flow is visible in the dashboard.
Create a matrix item in NetSuite.
Go to eTail sub section (in Item record) and update the following fields with their respective values: eTail Channel: Magento 2; Magento 2 Attribute Set: Mobile (in this example)
Run both the flows from the Connector (first Item flow, then the Item Matrix flow)
The status is visible in the dashboard
Validate that the matrix items are moved into Magento 2 as configurable products.