NetSuite Bundle and Salesforce Packages
- NetSuite Bundle:
Celigo Salesforce Connector
Bundle Id: 48893
- Salesforce Packages:
Integrator DA Package 1.12.1
NetSuite Connector v2.20
Support for NetSuite’s Multi-Subsidiary Customer feature
If you use NetSuite OneWorld, prior to the 2018.1 release, NetSuite allowed users to assign a customer record to only one subsidiary. With the 2018.1 release, NetSuite is introducing the Multi-Subsidiary Customer feature that permits you to share a customer or sub-customer record with multiple subsidiaries.
With this release, we are providing a solution to support the Multi-Subsidiary Customer feature with the Salesforce-NetSuite connector. This solution is applicable to the following flows:
- Salesforce Opportunity to NetSuite Opportunity
- Salesforce Opportunity to NetSuite Project
- Salesforce Opportunity to NetSuite Sales Order
- Salesforce Order to NetSuite Sales Order
- Salesforce Quote as NetSuite Quote
Prior to this solution, regardless of the selected subsidiaries for a customer in Salesforce, Sales Order, Opportunity, or Quote were always created for the primary subsidiary in NetSuite.
Now, when a customer belongs to multiple subsidiaries, this solution will enable you to create:
- Salesforce opportunity as NetSuite Sales Order, Project, and Sales Order.
- Salesforce Quote as NetSuite Quote
for the same subsidiary in NetSuite as selected on the respective Salesforce objects.
Required configuration to support this solution
This configuration requires you to create a custom field of the picklist type in Salesforce the Opportunity and Quote record. Add picklist values in this new field based on subsidiaries available for a customer in your NetSuite account. For example:
Once this field is created, use the following steps to configure Field Mappings of the supported flows to use this solution:
- Click on the Field Mappings icon against the flow for which you want this solution to be configured. The Mappings page is displayed.
- Add a new mapping. From the Export Field (Salesforce) column, select the custom field and From the Import Field (NetSuite) column, select Subsidiary (Internal ID).
- From the new mapping, click the Settings icon. The Settings page is displayed.
- From Field Mapping Type, select Lookup, from Options select Static: Value to Value and map the Salesforce pickup list values with subsidiaries from NetSuite.
- From the Mappings page, click Save & Close.
With this configuration, when you create an opportunity or quote by selecting a value in the picklist, the connector will use the mapped picklist value and subsidiary from NetSuite to determine which subsidiary needs to be used when the information is synced to NetSuite.
Auto-association of subsidiaries with NetSuite Customers in the Salesforce Opportunity to NetSuite Sales Order flow
In Salesforce, an opportunity can be created with a subsidiary which does not already exists on the NetSuite customer. In this case, the Salesforce Opportunity to NetSuite Sales Order flow has been enhanced to automatically add the missing subsidiary to the customer in NetSuite.
To support this feature, a new checkbox, Add Transaction Subsidiary to Customer in NetSuite, has been added in the General > OneWorld section.
Enable this checkbox if you want the connector to add the missing secondary subsidiary to the customer record in NetSuite. This will reduce manual steps required by you to add missing subsidiary for the customer in NetSuite prior to synching the opportunity. To implement this, the connector assumes the missing subsidiary is present in the static lookup as demonstrated in aforementioned step 4.
Note: This feature is only available for the Salesforce Opportunity to NetSuite Sales Order flow in this release and will be extended to the other related flows in subsequent releases.