- Register an existing connection
- Register a new connection
- Automatic connection registration
- Degregister a connection
A connection in integrator.io is a resource record that contains information about how to connect to a certain application. Connections store the the username and password (or API key) to connect and communicate with the application.
Account Owners can access all connections in an account, but users who only have access to specific integrations in an account can only access the connections they have created for the integrations they have access to. If a user needs to use a connection that has been created outside of the integration they have access to, this connection must first be registered with the integration before they can use it to build flows.
If multiple exports and imports across integrations use a given connection, any connection that is registered with an integration will also give access to the exports and imports referencing that connection. This means that a user that has access to integration A can get access to individual exports and imports used in integration B and C, if exports and imports within integration B and C uses a connection that has been registered with integration A.
Note: This is not applicable for integration apps and standalone flows.
Register an existing connection
Use the following steps to register an existing connection with an integration:
- From the Homepage, click the Settings icon of the desired integration.
- In the Settings menu, click Connections. This displays a list of all connections that are already registered with the integration. Any user with access to the integration can use these connections in flows within this integration.
- Click Register Connection.
- Select the existing connections that you want to register for the integration, then click the Register Connections button to link the selected connections with the integration.
The newly registered connections are listed in Connections under Settings on the Integration, and are now available to use in any flow within the integration.
Register a new connection
Any connection that is created directly from within the integration itself is always automatically registered with the integration, and available to use in any flow within that integration.
To use a connection that was created in another integration, follow the steps to manually register the connection with the integration where you want to use it. Note: You must be an Account Owner to do this.
Automatic connection registration
When a user creates a flow from within an integration and selects connections for their exports and imports, upon saving the flow, the selected connections are automatically registered with the integration they're working in. A popup message displays when the flow is saved to alert other users.
A connection that is registered with an integration becomes available to all users with access to the integration. These users also have access to any export and import using that same connection, even if the exports and imports are not directly used within the tile where the connection is registered.
Deregister a connection
Use the following steps to deregister a connection:
- From the Homepage, click the Settings icon of the integration.
- Click Connections.
- Click the X button next to the connection you want to deregister and confirm the choice.