With the aim of making the SuiteBilling feature more user-friendly and meaningful, we have brought in new Visualforce based sections within Salesforce. These new sections are not added by default in the Salesforce records and the following steps demonstrate how to make the appropriate changes:
Adding "Subscription" section on the Opportunity Record
- In Salesforce Classic, open an opportunity record.
- Click Edit Layout.
- Under the Opportunity layout pop-up, add a new section by dragging the "Section" at the desired location on the form.
- Set the section name as "Subscription" and Layout as "1 Column". Click "Ok" once done.
- Under the Opportunity layout pop-up, click the "VisualForce Pages" tab and drag the “SubscriptionListVFPage” into the "Subscription" Section created above. Set the Height (In pixels) as 600 and "Show scrollbars " as enabled.
- Click Save. The new Subscription section is displayed within the Opportunity record.
Adding "Subscription Lines" on the Subscription Record
- Open a "Subscription" record.
- Click Edit Layout.
- Follow the above-mentioned steps to add a new section "Subscription Lines" and then add ”SubscriptionListVFPage” from the "Visualforce Pages" tab.
- Under the Subscription layout pop-up, navigate to Buttons and replace the Standard "Edit" Button with Custom "Edit" Button. Note: The difference b/w Standard and Custom Edit Button can be figured out by mouse hover on the Edit button.
- Under the Subscription layout pop-up, navigate to Mobile & Lightning Actions
- Drag and drop the "Activate", "Modify Pricing" and "Renew" buttons into the "Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions".
- If you notice the Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions not editable, click on Override the existing components to edit the Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions section. This step is to enable the "Change Order" buttons in Salesforce Lightning.
- Click Save Layout.
Note: The buttons “Create Change Order” and “Renew” should be removed from the “Subscription record” layout through Edit Layout.