For the NetSuite release 2018.2, two factor authentication (2FA), will be enforced for all highly privileged roles. This will cause issues with the Magento 1 v2 connector. Most users of the Magento 1 connector are using Administrator role for the NetSuite connection. To ensure connectivity of the integration when your account is upgraded by NetSuite, Celigo is recommending to update the connection using a prebuilt custom role called 'Celigo Integration Admin'. This is included as a bundled role from Celigo.
We will also need to modify a couple of permissions on the Celigo Integration Admin role. Follow these steps
1. Go to Setup > Users/Roles > Manage Roles
2. Look for the Celigo Integration Admin role and click edit
* take note of the role Internal ID here as this will be needed later
3. Under Permissions > Setup, remove the Access Token Management
4. Under Permissions > Lists, add Currency (if using multi currency)
Assign Role to NetSuite User
As a NetSuite administrator:
1. Navigate to Setup > Users/Roles > Manage Users.
2. On the Manage Users page, click on the username for which you want to add the role to.
3. Employee page appears. Click Edit.
4. On the Employee page, go to Access > Roles.
5. Add Celigo Integration Admin role.
6. Click Save. The Confirmation message appears.
Take note of the role id and follow the steps below. Make sure to use the new role id instead of role id '3' which is the default role id of NetSuite Administrator role.
Update connections for the Magento 1 connector
Integrator IO to NetSuite connection
The Magento 1 integration is installed in NetSuite and is linked to Integrator IO via a NetSuite type connection. This link will need to be updated with the new role. If your Integrator IO is not yet linked to your Magento 1 connector in NetSuite, these steps will need to be done to link it for the first time. Click on the waffle on top then click on connections:
Click on edit on the NetSuite connection
Update the username, password, role id (3 is for Administrator but use the id for the Celigo Integration Admin role that we checked previously), and make sure account number is correct.
Make sure that the checkbox 'Link to SuiteScript Integrator' is marked. If you are adding the connection for the first time, this checkbox might not appear so you will need to save first, then refresh the browser page, then go back and edit the connection, and you will then see that checkbox.
Click on the Settings Icon on the Magento tile. Take note that this tile will not appear if the previous step to update IO to NS connection is not successful. This is because the tile information is retrieved from NetSuite.
Click on Connections
Click on the edit icon for the NetSuite connection
Enter the new username/email and password and click on Save. Take note that default Role ID for Administrator is 3 but you will need to use the role id for the Celigo Integration Admin role