NetSuite supports the Multi-Subsidiary feature that allows you to share a customer or sub-customer record with multiple subsidiaries. The process of updating the subsidiaries in NetSuite Customer or Items is manual, error-prone, and time-consuming.
Celigo Salesforce - NetSuite connector automates the process of adding the subsidiary to NetSuite Customer and Items records using the Add Transaction Subsidiary to Customer in NetSuite and Add Salesforce Transaction Subsidiary to NetSuite Item checkboxes present under Settings > General > One World. Eventually, reducing the time consumed and errors.
Prior to this feature, in Salesforce, regardless of the selected subsidiaries for a customer; Sales Order, Opportunity, or Quote was always created for the primary subsidiary in NetSuite.
Now, when a customer belongs to multiple subsidiaries, you will be able to automatically create:
- NetSuite Opportunity, Project, and Sales Order when a Salesforce Opportunity is created.
- NetSuite Quote when a Salesforce Quote is created.
The records created in NetSuite will have the subsidiary that is selected in Salesforce objects.
To implement the multi-subsidiary feature in the Salesforce - Netsuite connector:
- For each flow mentioned below, perform the steps mentioned in the Required Configuration.
- Auto-associate subsidiaries with NetSuite Customer and NetSuite Items.
Opportunity Sync Flows:
- Salesforce Opportunity to NetSuite Opportunity
- Salesforce Opportunity to NetSuite Project
- Salesforce Opportunity to NetSuite Sales Order
- Salesforce Order to NetSuite Sales Order
Quote Sync Flow:
- Salesforce Quote as NetSuite Quote
This configuration requires you to create a custom field (you can choose an already existing field if you have any) of the picklist type in Salesforce. Add picklist values in this new field based on the available subsidiaries for a customer in your NetSuite account. For example, the following image shows the subsidiary fields of type custom picklist containing values in it.
Once this field is created, use the following steps to configure Field Mappings in the supported flows (flows described in the Introduction section) to use this solution:
1. Click on the Field Mappings icon against the flow for which you want this solution to be configured. The Mappings window is displayed.
2. On the Mappings window, add a new mapping. From the Export Field (Salesforce) column, select the custom field (in this case subsidiary) and from the Import Field (NetSuite) column, select Subsidiary (Internal ID).
3. From the new mapping, click the Settings icon. The Settings page is displayed.
4. Under Settings, for Field Mapping Type, select Lookup, for options select Static: Value to Value and map the Salesforce pickup list (custom field) values with the subsidiaries in NetSuite.
5. On the Mappings page, click Save & Close.
With this configuration, in Salesforce when you create an opportunity or quote by selecting a value from the picklist (custom field), the connector will use the mapped picklist value and subsidiary from NetSuite to determine which subsidiary needs to be used when the information is synced from Salesforce to NetSuite.
Auto-associate Subsidiaries with NetSuite Customers and NetSuite Items
In Salesforce, a Transaction can be created with a subsidiary that does not exist in NetSuite Customer or NetSuite Items.
Therefore, for example, the Salesforce Opportunity to NetSuite Sales Order flow (and other flows mentioned in the Introduction section) has been enhanced to automatically add the missing subsidiary to Customer and Items in NetSuite.
To support this automatic addition of subsidiaries to NetSuite Customer and Items, Add Transaction Subsidiary to Customer in NetSuite and Add Salesforce Transaction Subsidiary to NetSuite Item checkboxes can be selected under the General > OneWorld section.
Please sign in to leave a comment.