Note: The name “SmartConnector” will be changing to “Integration App” to more clearly establish that our pre-built Integration Apps are built on our flagship Integration Platform as a Service, integrator.io. Find out more about integrator.io.
The Salesforce - SuiteBilling connector enables you to create and manage recurring subscriptions within Salesforce or NetSuite. This guide will help you to get started with creating and managing Subscriptions.
In order to implement the SuiteBilling connector successfully, it is important that you understand how the various building blocks of the connector work in coordination to simplify your recurring billing issues. The diagram below describes the building blocks of the SuiteBilling connector.
- It is assumed that you are already using the Salesforce - NetSuite connector and that you have already switched on the following flows in it:
- Product Sync:
- NetSuite Service Item to Salesforce Product
- NetSuite Non-Inventory Item to Salesforce Product
- Opportunity Sync:
- Salesforce Opportunity to NetSuite Sales Order
- Account Sync:
- NetSuite Customer to Salesforce Account
- Product Sync:
- It is assumed that in the Salesforce - SuiteBilling connector, you have already switched on/scheduled all the flows in each section.
- In NetSuite, create Subscription Items; create Subscription Plans and then add Pricebook details to Subscription Plans.
- In NetSuite, enable the Billing Accounts feature.
- In NetSuite, create Billing Schedule and then create Billing Account.
NetSuite: Create Subscription Items
To create Subscription items in NetSuite:
1. Go to Lists > Accounting > Items > New.
Note: You can also choose to work with the existing items or create new ones using these steps.
2. Create new items of Non-Inventory type or Service type that will be included in the Subscription Plan.
Note: SuiteBilling supports only specific item types. Therefore, the subscription plan items must either be "Non-Inventory" items or "Service items" and the Can Be Fulfilled/Received box field present under the Preferences subtab of the Item record must be unchecked.
3. Once the items are created in NetSuite, these items will automatically get synced to Salesforce.
NetSuite: Create Subscription Plans
1. Go to Lists > Subscriptions > Subscription Plans > New.
2. Provide appropriate values for Subscription Plan Name, Initial Term, and the other required fields.
i. If Initial Term does not exist, create a new one using the + icon. A corresponding entry in Salesforce will get created in real-time.
3. Under the Lines tab, add the subscription items created above and provide appropriate values for the other fields.
4. Click Save.
This automatically triggers the NetSuite Subscription Plan to Salesforce Subscription Plan flow that syncs the new Subscription Plan to Salesforce.
5. Under the Price Books tab, create a new Price Book entry and provide the appropriate values for discount, price plan, and the other required fields.
6. Click Save. This automatically triggers the NetSuite Price Book to Salesforce Price Book flow that syncs the new Price Books to Salesforce.
NetSuite: Enable Billing Accounts Feature
- Go to Setup > Accounting > Preferences > Accounting Preferences > Items/Transactions subtab > Sales & Pricing and enable Consolidate Projects on Sales Transactions.
- Go to Setup > Company > Setup Tasks > Enable Features > Transactions subtab > Billing and enable Charge Based Billing.
- Go to Setup > Company > Setup Tasks > Enable Features > Transactions subtab > Billing and enable Billing Accounts.
NetSuite: Create Billing Schedules
To create Billing Schedules in NetSuite:
1. Go to Lists > Accounting > Billing Schedules > New.
Note: You can also sync existing Billing Schedules or create new ones using these steps.
2. Create new Billing Schedule of type "Charge-Based".
Note: SuiteBilling Connector supports only Billing Schedules of types "Charge-Based".
3. Click Save. This automatically triggers the NetSuite Billing Schedule to Salesforce Billing Schedule flow and syncs the new Billing Schedules to Salesforce.
NetSuite: Create New Billing Account
To create a new Billing Account:
1. Go to Lists > Relationships > Billing Accounts > New and create a new billing account for the desired customer.
2. Provide the appropriate values in each field.
3. Click Save. This automatically triggers the NetSuite Billing Account to Salesforce Billing Account flow and syncs the new Billing Accounts to Salesforce.
Alternatively, you can also choose to create Billing Accounts from Salesforce during the creation of the subscription & sync them to NetSuite using the reverse flow.
Create and Manage Subscriptions
For more information, refer to Create, Activate, Modify, Renew Subscriptions.