To build flows to and from Google Sheets, Gmail, Google Drive, or Google Contacts, start by creating an HTTP connection.
Note:Your exports and imports must also be built with the same adapter type.
Get the API guide before you connect
To set up your connection, you will need authentication information from the app’s API guide:
- Base URI
- Relative URI
- Type of scopes
- Refresh token
- Refresh token path
Use your app's API guide
Tip: You can often use the search function in the guide or Ctrl + F to find what you’re looking for.
Choose the API guide you need:
- Gmail: developers.google.com/gmail/api/v1/reference/
- Google Sheets: developers.google.com/sheets/api/reference/rest/
- Google Drive: developers.google.com/drive/api/v3/reference/
Set up an HTTP connection
Step 1: Get your token from Google
- Go to Google Playground.
- On the left, under Step 1: Select & authorize APIs, click the down arrow next to your app’s API.
- Choose your scopes. Note: Scopes are the type of access you want authorization for. You can find out more about each scope in your API guide.
- In the left panel, click Exchange authorization code for tokens.
- At the bottom right, in the code next to access_token, copy the string of characters. Note: Only copy the characters, not the quotation marks or comma.
- At the bottom, in the code next to refresh_token, copy the string of characters. (Copy only the characters, not the quotation marks or comma.)
Step 2: Connect to your app through integrator.io
- Go to integrator.io.
- At the top right, click the grid menu.
- Click Flow Builder.
- If you want to:
- Export data from this app: Under Source application, click into the search bar.
- Import data from this app: Under Destination application, click into the search bar.
- Choose HTTP.
- Enter the info:
- Type: Token
- Base URI: Enter the base URI you find in the app’s API guide. Tip: You can often use the search function or Ctrl + F to find things.
- Media Type: JSON
- Token: Paste the token you got from the Playground
- Token Location: Header
- Header Name: Authorization
- Scheme: Bearer
- Configure token refresh: Check this box.
- Refresh token: Paste the token you got from the Playground
- Refresh token media type: JSON
- Refresh method: Choose your HTTP method
- Refresh token path: Enter the string you got from the API guide
- Ping Relative URI: Enter the relative URI
- Ping Method: Choose your HTTP method
- Click Test.
- Click Save.
Your connection will be confirmed on your screen.