A high-touch renewal requires more effort on the part of someone, for example, a sales representative, in either contacting the customer or manually renewing a subscription.
In case of a high-touch renewal, the Salesforce - SuiteBilling Connector syncs the relevant data to Salesforce. The following image describes how the creation of a Subscription Change Order for renewal triggers various other flows of the Salesforce — NetSuite Connector and the Salesforce — Suite Billing Connector.
Figure: High-Touch Renewals using SuiteBilling add-on
To perform a high-touch renewal
1. In the Salesforce — NetSuite Connector tile, under Settings > Integration Flows > Opportunity Sync enable the NetSuite Sales Order to Salesforce Opportunity flow.
2. Under Settings > Integration Flows > Opportunity Sync > Advanced Settings, select the following checkboxes.
- Enable NetSuite originating Sales Order to Salesforce Opportunity
- When NetSuite Sales Order updates, update Salesforce Opportunity
3. Click Save.
4. Under Settings > Integration Flows > Opportunity Sync, click the Field Mappings icon of the NetSuite Sales Order to Salesforce Opportunity flow.
5. Map the fields highlighted in the below image and then click Save.
6. In the Salesforce — SuiteBilling Connector tile, go to Settings > Integration Flows > Subscription > NetSuite Subscription to Salesforce Subscription.
7. Click the Gear icon of NetSuite Subscription to Salesforce Subscription.
8. In the Execution Context, ensure that you have also selected Scheduled. This helps in syncing the renewal subscription to Salesforce.
9. In your NetSuite account,
a. Go to Transaction > Subscriptions > Create Subscriptions > List and then click the View link of the desired subscription.
b. Click Actions > Renew.
c. In the Subscription Change Order - Renew page, select or enter appropriate values in the available fields and ensure that you have selected Sales Order in the RENEWAL TRANSACTION TYPE field.
d. Click Save.
The moment a Subscription Change Order is created in NetSuite,
- the NetSuite Subscription Change Order to Salesforce Subscription Change Order flow syncs the data to Subscription Change Order in Salesforce.
- the connector creates a Subscription record with Draft status in NetSuite and syncs the Subscription record with the Draft status to Salesforce using the NetSuite Subscription to Salesforce Subscription flow.
- the connector also creates a Sales Order record for the renewed subscription. The details of which can be found under the Renewal Details tab of Subscription Change Order - Renew.
- The creation of Sales Order in NetSuite triggers the NetSuite Sales Order to Salesforce Opportunity flow present in the Salesforce — NetSuite connector that syncs the Sales Order from NetSuite as an Opportunity to Salesforce.