You can do things like change field names to be more specific to your integration or remove fields you don’t need.
You can also restructure your records.
Example: Your record has a "Phone" field and and "Email' field. You can extract “Phone," and generate “Contact.Phone,” then extract “Email,” and generate “Contact.Email.” This will create the contact element with 2 sub-elements.
You can create transformations in your initial data configuration or edit the records after you’ve already set up your flow.
Transform your data
Step 1: Find the records
Note: If you already have the flow you want open in Flow Builder, skip to “Step 2: Make your changes.”
- Go go to integrator.io.
- Click the integration tile that has the flow with the records you want to map.
- In the list, find the flow you want.
- On the right, under “Actions,” click the down arrow > Edit .
Step 2: Make your changes
Important: You must extract all of the fields you want to keep, even if you only modify one of them. Only the fields listed under “Transform mappings” will be included in the final record. When you extract each field individually, you will enter the value for that field as it appears under “Pre transformed record.”
- The fields to be transformed will vary depending on the app your records are being exported from.
- The same instructions apply to both export and import record transformations.
- In Flow Builder, next to your source or destination app’s tile, click Transform .
- In the center panel, click in to the “Extract” dropdown. Note: The choices in this screenshot are specific to this app. The field options you see will be pulled from the sample data for you apps.
- Choose the field you want to modify.
- Under “Generate,” click into the field bar.
- Type the change you want to make. Example: You can choose the “Name” field, and under “Generate,” you write “Clients.” Tip: When you tap Enter on your keyboard, the bar will expand.
- To see your change in the “Post transformation record” panel, click anywhere outside of the “Generate” field bar.
- When your data looks the way you want it to, at the bottom right, click Accept.
You can ask questions and get tips on transforming your data records in our community forum.