If you are an account owner, you can invite people who don't have a Celigo integrator.io account or you can invite users that already have their own accounts. If you invite users who already have accounts, they will need to transfer any integrations and flows they already have in their account to you prior to being able to accept your invite.
When assigning users to Manage or Monitor, these are the permissions they will have:
Add users to your account
Note: The person you invite to your account must have an integrator.io account.
- Go to integrator.io.
- At the top right, click your avatar > My account. If you see a My profile button, you're an account user and will need to request that your account owner add the user.
- On the left, under "Settings," click Users.
- At the top right, click Invite user. The Invite User editor will pop up.
- Enter the email address of the user you want to invite.
- Under “Integrations,” choose:
- All (including future integrations): This will invite the user to every integration in your account and every integration that you create in the future.
- Select an integration: The user will only be invited the integration you select.
- Choose permissions:
- Integrations to manage: To make this person a manager on an integration, to the right of “Integrations to manage,” click the right arrow >. Note: You can remove the integration from “Integrations to manage.” Click the left arrow < .
- Integrations to monitor: To make this person a monitor on an integration, to the right of “Integrations to monitor,” click the right arrow > . Note: You can remove the integration from “Integrations to monitor.” Click the left arrow <.
- The invited users will receive an email to accept your invitation. If they don't already have an account, they can set one up, at which point the invitation is considered accepted, and they will be able to access your account.
You can change a user’s role and permissions at any time.
Check out our community forum for more info on integrator.io and Flow Builder. You can ask questions and post tips.
- You can only invite users that have a Free edition account. If the invited user already has integration apps or add-on packs in their account, you cannot invite them to your account.
- An account user who accepts your invite will no longer be an account owner and cannot invite others to your account. They will also not be able to purchase any Integration apps or upgrade your integator.io subscription.
Transfer ownership of account
If you need to make one someone else the owner of your account, you can transfer account ownership.