- You can now specify a start date and time for scheduled flows. With the help of this feature, you can fetch orders from a specific timestamp or historical orders. Also, it is very helpful if Shopify's or integrator.io's service is down and you do not want to miss any of the received orders.
- Under Settings > Integration Flow > Refund > Advanced Settings, we have introduced NetSuite to Shopify and Shopify to NetSuite sections. These sections contain advanced settings for their respective refund flow.
- The Shopify Refund to NetSuite Refund Add flow now processes Customer Refunds using Customer Deposits. Prior to this release, the flow created a Credit Memo or a Cash Refund from an Invoice or Cash Sale of the order but not from Customer Deposits. Note: If there are four Customer Deposits, four Customer Refund records will also be created.
- We now support refunds based on Shopify Order's payment method. For more information, refer to Order's payment method for refund.
- Store upgrade and licensing will not face any issues even if you add multiple stores.
- If payment is pending, the Customer Deposit will not be created.
- We now handle gift cards and store credits more efficiently. If gift cards are used for transactions, the gift cards are not added as a variance anymore. The gift card amount is added as a line item with a negative amount.