Support metafields at the variant level
The connector now supports the metafields at the variant level. By specifying metafields, you can provide additional information for the variants. To configure new metafields, enter your inputs in the newly introduced Specify your Shopify variant metafield components section, in the Product - Advanced Settings section. Based on the inputs you provide in the Namespace, Key, Value (Field ID), and Description fields, the metafield information is exported to Shopify variants. It is recommended to create and update metafields using this section.
For more information about how to configure metafields at the variant level, refer to:
- Use the “Specify your Shopify variant metafield components” setting in the connector’s Product section - Advanced Settings (recommended).
- Use the NetSuite saved search: This approach is recommended only if a metafield’s value cannot be derived directly from a single field.
Sync orders to NetSuite using the on-demand feature
You can now use the on-demand feature, Using scheduled flow, sync Shopify Orders to NetSuite as in the Advanced Settings - Order tab to test the import flow or sync data related to the missing or historical orders. This option allows you to sync an order data (upto five orders) to NetSuite, even when the real-time flows, “Shopify Order to NetSuite Order Add” and “Shopify Order to NetSuite Cash Sale Add” are disabled.
To sync orders to NetSuite, when the flow is disabled, perform the following steps:
- Go to Advanced Settings > Order tab.
- Enter the Shopify order ID in the Shopify Order Id(s) field.
- From the Using scheduled flow, sync Shopify Orders to NetSuite as drop-down list, either select Sales Order or Cash Sale. Based on your selection, the order is either imported as a sales order or a cash sale to NetSuite.
- Click Save.
- When you schedule the "Shopify Order to NetSuite Order/CashSale Add" flow, your order is synced to NetSuite based on the option selected in the Using scheduled flow, sync Shopify Orders to NetSuite as drop-down list.
- If any of the real-time flow is enabled, the Using scheduled flow, sync Shopify Orders to NetSuite as option is disabled.
“Shopify Product to NetSuite Item Update” flow is renamed
The “Shopify Product to NetSuite Item Update” is now renamed as “Updates Deleted Products| Shopify Products to NetSuite Item. '' This flow marks items or variants deleted from Shopify as inactive in NetSuite.
Customer’s first name to be synced as company name when the customer type is company
When you export a customer from NetSuite, if the customer type is Company, then the connector now considers the customer’s first name as the company name.
Data type for Shopify orders changed to “string”
In the backend code, the data type for the Shopify orders is now changed to “String”, so that the connector shows the Shopify Order Number as an integer and not a decimal number in NetSuite.
“NetSuite item to track Shopify gift card redemption as a line item” option now lists payment type items
When you sync an order to NetSuite, in the Advanced Settings - Order tab, the NetSuite item to track Shopify gift card redemption as a line item option now lists the payment type items along with the non-inventory items. When you select the payment type item from the drop-down list, in the NetSuite sales order, the payment type item is displayed as a separate line item. This is to ensure that if any discount is applied for a sales order, the same discount is not calculated on the payment type item.
- Note: In NetSuite, tax or discounts are not calculated for the payment type line item.
- When you run the “Shopify Transaction to NetSuite Customer Deposit Add” flow, the Order ID is now displayed in the customer deposit related error messages on the Dashboard page.
- For an item, if the SKU value is missing, the connector now respects the SKU value (internal ID of the item) specified in the NetSuite item to track Shopify order lines with no SKU value field in the Advanced Settings - Item tab.
- The source code is modified to ensure that the refunds are successful irrespective of the Projects (Setup > Company > Enable Features > Company > Projects section) option is checked or unchecked in NetSuite.
- When you make payment through multiple gift certificates, correct transaction records are now created in NetSuite.
- Example: If the sales order is $510 and a customer makes a payment with two gift certificates ($210 and $300), the transaction records in NetSuite are now created as $210 and $300, instead of incorrect transaction records, such as $210 and $510.
- While importing an order, when you try to delete the existing mappings from the Payment tab in the Advanced Settings and add new mappings, the changes are now reflected in the respective flow’s field mappings and successfully allows you to save the Field Mappings window.