Note: The name “SmartConnector” will be changing to “Integration App” to more clearly establish that our pre-built Integration Apps are built on our flagship Integration Platform as a Service, integrator.io. Find out more about integrator.io.
You can sync your NetSuite items as Salesforce products in real-time. This lets you keep both your NetSuite and Salesforce systems in sync. Eventually, this leads to better data integrity and you can create your sales orders without any discrepancies in the product details or price.
Note: The connector supports Assembly Item, Discount Item, Inventory Item, Item Group, Kit item, Non-inventory item, Service Item, and Serialized Item types.
By default, Salesforce does not have an out-of-the-box feature to define product types. Therefore, in general, a separate picklist is created to define product types that you are dealing with.
In the Salesforce-NetSuite connector, the product types that you define in Salesforce can be used to map to the NetSuite item types. This is very useful when you create a product in Salesforce and you want to sync it to NetSuite item in real-time.
Generally, the best practice is to have NetSuite as your master for maintaining your items.
Supported item types
The Salesforce - NetSuite connector supports the following item types.
- Inventory item
- Item group
- Kit item
- Non-inventory item
- Service item
- Contract item
- Discount item
- Serialized inventory item
Note: When syncing Salesforce products to NetSuite, you cannot sync item groups and kit items.
Enable and configure the flow
- Sign in to your integrator.io account.
- Click the Salesforce-NetSuite connector tile.
- Under Settings, go to Integration Flows > Product Sync > [desired flow name].
- Enable the item flows that you want to sync real-time from NetSuite to Salesforce and vice-versa.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Under the Salesforce to NetSuite section, click Map Products. This mapping is used to sync your new or updated Salesforce products to NetSuite items in real-time.
Note: For syncing new or updated NetSuite items to Salesforce, you do not need any mapping.
7. Click Save.
Create and sync your NetSuite item to Salesforce
1. In your NetSuite account, go to Lists > Accounting > Items.
2. Click New Item.
3. Click the desired item type link. For example, Inventory Item.
Note: Since this is an inventory item, the "NetSuite Inventory Item to Salesforce Product" flow will get triggered.
4. Enter the required inventory item details.
5. Click Save.
If you create any new item in NetSuite it will be automatically synced to Salesforce. After the sync successful, the Salesforce ID of the item is populated under the Custom tab of your NetSuite item. In case of an error, an error message will appear under Custom > Integration Log.
You can go to your Salesforce account and confirm the item sync. The item synced will appear under the Products tab of your Salesforce account and will contain the NetSuite ID in the NetSuite Id field.
Sync your item groups to Salesforce
An item group is stocked and sold as a single unit. It is consists of several individual items. It is used to identify member items that are sold together as one unit. The price of the group is dependent on the item prices that it includes.
The "NetSuite Item Group to Salesforce Product" flow syncs NetSuite items of type "item group" to Salesforce as Salesforce product. When this item is synced to Salesforce product, the total rollup price of the individual items in it is synced to Salesforce. In Salesforce, the item of type item group acts like a normal item.
For example, if you have a "cabinet" as the item of type item group, and the individual items in it are HDD, RAM, and CPU each costing $100, then "cabinet" when synced to Salesforce will have its price as $300.
For more information on item groups, refer to Item Groups in NetSuite documentation.
Sync your kit items
A kit item consists of multiple items associated with it. The price of the kit item is not dependent on the items it contain. The kit item can have its own price levels.
The "NetSuite Kit Item to Salesforce Product" flow syncs NetSuite items of type "Kit item" to Salesforce as Salesforce product. When this item is synced to Salesforce product, its line items are synced to Salesforce. The price levels associated with the kit item is synced as is to Salesforce.
For more information on kit items, refer to Kit Items in NetSuite documentation.
Sync your discount items
A discount item can be used on a sales order to apply discounts. The discount items can be applied at the line or header level of a sales order. These items help you to track discount amounts without affecting inventory valuation.
The "NetSuite Discount Item to Salesforce Discount Item" flows syncs NetSuite items of type "Discount" to Salesforce Discount Items.
When you are syncing discount items to Salesforce. Ensure that you provide the discount value by suffixing a % sign. For example, if you want the discount item to generate a discount of 10%, in the discount item specify the value as "10%" instead of "10".
- For more information on discount items, refer to Discount Items in NetSuite documentation.
- For more information on how we handle discount items for a sales order, refer to the Sync your opportunities article.
Create and sync your Salesforce product to NetSuite
- In your Salesforce account, go to the Products tab.
- Click the New button.
- Select the Active check box.
- From the custom field that you have defined for product types, select the desired product type. For example, Inventory. This helps you create the item in NetSuite with the appropriate item type.
- Click Save.
- Add the standard price or add the price books for the product you created.
- Click the Sync to NetSuite button.
The product you created will start syncing to NetSuite as an item. If the sync is successful, the NetSuite Id of the product appears in the NetSuite Id field. In case of an error, an error message appears in the NetSuite Sync Error field.
Note: When syncing Salesforce products to NetSuite, you cannot sync item groups and kit items as there is no out-of-the-box functionality is Salesforce to support it.
Things to remember
- When you sync item groups or kit items, the items underneath it are not synced to Salesforce product.
- The price levels in NetSuite are already mapped to price books in Salesforce. This is something you would have done immediately after the connector is installed. For more information, refer to before you start.