Note: The name “SmartConnector” will be changing to “Integration App” to more clearly establish that our pre-built Integration Apps are built on our flagship Integration Platform as a Service, integrator.io.
If you’re getting a Remote Site Settings error while syncing records in your Salesforce-NetSuite Integration App (SmartConnector) v2, you might need to update your Integration App.
Understand the error
With release 2019.1, NetSuite introduced account-specific URLs with backward compatibility. However, this is not the expected behavior for version 2019.2. Salesforce requires all API calls to an external system to be whitelisted, which impacts all Salesforce-NetSuite Integrations. You can whitelist all external calls on Salesforce via Remote Site Settings. Find out more about Remote Site Settings in Salesforce.
Before you fix the error
There are a few things you’ll need to do before you can fix the error:
Get information from your NetSuite account
You will need to get the Restlet URL from your NetSuite account. To find out more about Restlet URLs, login to your NetSuite account and refer to your NetSuite support documentation.
Whitelist external API calls on your Salesforce account
From your Salesforce account, whitelist the Restlet URL. To find out more about whitelisting external API calls on Salesforce, refer to your Salesforce support documentation.
Update your Integration App (SmartConnector) UI
Update your Integration App (SmartConnector) from the old to new integrator.io view, if you haven’t done it already.
Update your Salesforce Package
Update your Salesforce package to the latest version, if you haven’t done it already
Update your NetSuite SuiteBundles
If you have updated your NetSuite app to version 2019.2, you will need to upgrade your NetSuite SuiteBundle as well. Contact Celigo support to update your NetSuite bundle.
- Updating your NetSuite SuiteBundles could take 1-2 days time.
- If you have a NetSuite Sandbox account, you can update your NetSuite SuiteBundles without contacting Celigo support. From your SuiteBundler, search and install bundle id 48893.
Fix the error
- Login to your Celigo account.
- Navigate to your Integration App (SmartConnector) Settings page by clicking Home and then on the Salesforce-NetSuite Connector tile.
- From your Salesforce-NetSuite Connector Settings page, toggle on and off any of the Salesforce to NetSuite flows for the changes to take effect.
- The connector automatically gets the new URL.