As an FBA merchant, you have to track the status of the items you ship to Amazon. You can automate your tracking process with the “Amazon Delivered Shipments to NetSuite Item Receipt” flow. This flow syncs back the item receipts to NetSuite as per the scheduled time.
Understand how the flow works
Prerequisite: If you haven’t established your shipment plan, refer to transfer order - inbound shipment.
After you group and ship the items to Amazon as per the desired plan, the final step is to mark the status of the transfer orders. On receiving the partial or full inventory, the status of the shipment in Amazon is changed from “Working” to “Receiving.” Once the item arrives, the status will change to “Delivered” at Amazon. To know more about the Amazon status, refer to shipment status at Amazon.
When you enable the “Amazon Delivered Shipments to NetSuite Item Receipt” flow, the Item Receipts are created for the partial or full delivered shipments and link to the appropriate Transfer Order. Once the shipment is fully delivered to Amazon, the Transfer Order status is changed to “Received” in NetSuite.
- Unless Item Receipts are not created for Transfer Orders, the inventory is moved to the Transit account from the source location.
- When Amazon under-receives inventory, partial receipts are generated in NetSuite.
- NetSuite does not allow you to import partial item receipts if you disable the "Advanced Bin/Numbered Inventory Management" setting on the “Enable Features” page in NetSuite. This limitation is also applicable for the item types supported for Transfer Orders.
The flow syncs back the Item Receipts in NetSuite as follows:
Install the add-on
You can install this add-on from the “Subscriptions” section of your Integration App. For more information on how to install add-ons, refer to Add-Ons.
Before you set up the flow
Before you configure or install the add-ons, in NetSuite, add the following permissions to the native “Celigo eTail SmartConnectors” role or to any other appropriate custom role:
- Adjust Inventory
- Item Receipt
- Transfer Order
- Transfer Order Approval
Configure and run the flow
- In integrator.io, click Amazon - NetSuite Integration App tile.
- Go to Settings > Integration flows > Shipments (TO).
- Enable the “Amazon Delivered Shipments to NetSuite Item Receipt” flow.
- Go to the Advanced Settings > Item Receipt tab.
- In the Inbound Shipment status in Amazon field, select one or more statuses for the Amazon Inbound Shipments. Only shipments with the selected status will generate an item receipt in NetSuite.
- Click Save.
- Run the “Amazon Delivered Shipments to NetSuite Item Receipt” flow.
- A new window opens, select the custom date from which you want to generate the item receipts.
- Click Run.
Find your item receipts in NetSuite
Based on the shipment, the “Amazon Delivered Shipments to NetSuite Item Receipt” flow generates one or many item receipts in NetSuite. These Item Receipts are linked to the child Transfer Orders in the “Related Records” tab.