Slack documentation: API guide, Authentication
A. Set up a Slack connection
Start establishing a connection to Slack in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select Slack.
The Create connection pane opens with required and advanced settings.
B. Supply required Slack account information
At this point, you’re presented with a series of options for providing Slack authentication.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
Authentication Type (required): Select Token.
Token (required): Paste in the token from your Slack account. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection's token safe. When editing this form later, you must enter this value again; it is stored only for a saved connection.
- Sign in to your Slack account
- Click Your Apps in the top right corner and select an application
- Navigate to the OAuth & Permissions tab. If there are no tokens, use the Install a Workspace option
The tokens are automatically generated once the application is connected to the workspace.
- Click Allow to view the token
C. Edit advanced Slack settings
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Slack connection.
D. Test the connection
Once you have configured the Slack connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Save & close – click to test and save the connection and exit the Create connection pane
- Cancel – click to exit without saving any new changes
- Test connection – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
When you test or save the connection, it is verified before continuing.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app, if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.
Please sign in to leave a comment.