ServiceNow is a cloud computing platform that helps companies to manage digital workflows for enterprise operations.
- A. Set up a ServiceNow connection
- B. Provide required ServiceNow application details
- C. Edit advanced ServiceNow settings
- D. Test the connection
Start establishing a connection to ServiceNow in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select ServiceNow.
The Create connection panel opens with required and advanced settings.
At this point, you’re presented with options for providing ServiceNow authentication.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
Authentication type (required): Select Basic (the OAuth 2.0 option is described separately).
Subdomain (required): Enter your ServiceNow subdomain. To find your subdomain, log in to your ServiceNow account. For example, if
https://test89098.service-now.com is the URL, then
test89098 is your subdomain.
Username (required): Enter the username of your ServiceNow account.
Password (required): Enter the password of your ServiceNow account. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s password safe. When editing this form later, you must enter this value again; it is stored only when the connection is saved and never displayed as text.
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the ServiceNow connection.
Once you have configured the ServiceNow connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Save & close – click to test and save the connection and exit the Create connection panel
- Close – click to exit without saving any new changes
- Test connection – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
When you test or save the connection, it is verified before continuing.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.