In order to obtain a token, the client application needs to call the Oauth2 endpoint using various grants depending on the authentication scenarios required. The full list of supported scenarios is provided below:
From the above, we (integrator.io) have a connection for only Password grant and Client Credentials grant as we don’t have Concur account which supports other grant types.
API Guide Link: https://developer.concur.com/api-reference/
Link to authentication page: https://developer.concur.com/api-reference/authentication/apidoc.html
Concur Connection using Client Credentials grant:
To create a Concur connection having grant type as Client Credential and version type as other we need Username, Password and the Consumer Key.
Steps to find Consumer Key in Concur Application:
- Sign in to the application and find the Administration button on the right top corner.
- Administration -> Company -> Web Services -> Register Partner Application.
- If there is any application present go inside that otherwise create a new App.
- Once you open the application you will find a key value Inside the Application Authorization section, use that as Consumer Key.
To create a Concur Connection having grant type as Client Credential and >version type as V4 we need the Client ID and Client Secret of the Authentication App created by Concur Support team.
Concur Connection using Password grant
- Name: Required: Name the connection.
- Connection type: Required: The form will automatically select Concur.
- Grant Type: Required: Select the Grant Type as Password.
- Subdomain: Required: Provide the subdomain for your Concur account.
For example, if the URL of the account is “https://eu1.concursolutions.com/home.asp”then give “emea” and if the URL of the account is https://www.concursolutions.com/home.asp, then give “us”.
- Client ID: Required: Client Id of the account obtained from Concur.
- Client Secret: Required: Client Secret of the account obtained from Concur
- Username: Required: Username/Email of the account.
- Password:Required: Password of the account.
- Credential Type: Required: Password.
- Generate Token: Required: Click on this Button to generate the Access token.
- Token: Value for this field will automatically come after clicking on Generate Token.