The migration utility feature in the Salesforce - NetSuite IO Integration App allows you to migrate your settings and mappings from version v2 to IO.
The Migration Utility allows you to:
- Migrate settings and mappings from v2 to the IO version of the Salesforce - NetSuite Integration App in an automated manner.
- Test IO and run v2 versions simultaneously on the Integration App.
- Automate the migration process between two versions of the Integration App to a great extent and reduce human error.
Migration Utility settings
You can locate the migration utility in your general settings page navigating to Salesforce - NetSuite (IO) Integration App tile > Settings > General.
You’ll see additional settings under the migration utility feature. We’ve briefly explained these settings and their behaviors.
- Migrate configuration from v2 to IO: Enable this checkbox to run the migration utility.
- Enable Test Mode: The Test IO instance works like a sandbox version of the app. Selecting this option allows you to test IO and run V2 in production.
- After enabling the Test IO option, you’ll need to enable the "Send as test record to the IO" option from your Salesforce or NetSuite record.
- If the "Send as test record to IO" option is left unchecked, the Integration App syncs data using the v2 version of the Integration App.
- We recommend that you check both "Migrate configuration from v2 to IO" and "Enable Test Mode" boxes when you run the migration utility. In case you get any errors, retry the task from the Dashboard.
- Go-Live Date: We recommend that you set the Go-Live date. The Go-live date is the date when you move to IO production.
- Note: You’ll have to uncheck the test mode option to set the Go-live date.
Now that you know about migration utility settings, let’s understand how to apply it.