Note: We’ve renamed our SmartConnectors to Integration Apps.
The Salesforce - NetSuite integration app (IO) is compatible with the following Salesforce editions:
You need not purchase separate API access if you are on any of the above Salesforce editions.
Note: The Salesforce Essential edition is not supported by the integration app as API access is not enabled.
Salesforce editions are chosen as per business needs. Small tier to midsize companies prefer Professional edition for easy-to-use integrations, customisation and administrator tools, wherein they won’t need any custom development. API or Apex access will not be included in professional edition which means they can not create a trigger and can not integrate using rest/soap API from other systems.
However, if you are using the Salesforce Professional edition with certified and security reviewed Celigo Salesforce NetSuite (IO) integration application, you will get limited quotaRest / Soap API access, and Apex support. The integration application included along with the package will be whitelisted to use Rest / Soap API and Apex support with Salesforce Professional Edition.
With the Salesforce Professional edition, you have to consider the following before installing the integration application:
- The number of API calls is limited to 15000 + number of licenses X 1000 per day. Please refer Salesforce guide for more details.
- Salesforce doesn't allow the creation of triggers without security reviewed package. Real-time DIY flows or templates will not work with this edition as these require manual creation of triggers. This includes custom flows for data migration and initial flows. Scheduled DIY exports and imports are compatible with Professional Edition.
- If you need the API enabled for a Data Migration to a Professional Edition organization, you will need to contact the Salesforce Account Executive and request that API be provisioned as a courtesy. These requests should be for Data Migrations only and will be up to you and your Account Executive to determine the time frame of the API enabled.
- Compatibility with Professional edition is not verified for the Contract Renewals add-on.
- Salesforce NetSuite v2 integration application will not work in the professional edition.