1. Set up a Zendesk Support connection
Start establishing a connection to Zendesk Support in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination.
In the resulting Application list, click Zendesk Support.
The Create connection pane then asks you to name the new connection.
Be sure to provide a clear and distinguishable Name as soon as the connection is created. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Click Next to configure the connection.
2. Supply required Zendesk Support account information
At this point, you’re presented with settings for Zendesk Support authentication.
Authentication type (required): Select Token. (Basic authentication is described separately.)
Subdomain (required): Enter the unique portion of your zendesk.com domain (the URL where you log in to your Zendesk portal). The subdomain displays in the browser’s URL field. For example, if your portal is found at https://hugesuccess.zendesk.com, then enter hugesuccess for the subdomain.
Username (required): Enter your Zendesk Support account email address.
API token (required): Enter the token provided by Zendesk Support. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s API token safe.
Sign in to your Zendesk Support portal, and select the Support option from the Zendesk Products menu.
Then, from the Admin menu (gear icon at left), scroll down to the Channels heading and click API.
In the resulting Zendesk API page, click the plus (+) button next to the Active API tokens list.
Copy the API token for your connection, above.
3. Edit advanced Zendesk Support settings
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Zendesk Support connection.
4. Test and save
Once you have configured the Zendesk Support connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Test connection – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
- Save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Cancel – click to exit without saving any new changes
When you select Test connection, the connection is verified before continuing and the status is displayed in the Connection pane.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app, if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.