You can be notified (or have specific users notified) by email whenever a flow encounters an error or if connection used by a flow goes offline so that you can quickly fix the problem.
You can subscribe to the elements (flows or connections) for which you would like to notification emails. integrator.io only sends notifications to users who have subscribed to notifications for any given flow or connection. Each user must configure their subscription preferences to receive notifications.
Types of email subscription
Email subscriptions have two types:
- Flow error: Whenever a running flow encounters any error, integrator.io sends a flow error notification. You can select one or more individual flows or check All flows to receive an email notification whenever any flow in the integration has an error.
- Connection: Whenever a connection that the flow is using goes offline (or back online), integrator.io sends a notification about the connection status to any subscribed user. Users can select the connections for which they would like to be notified. Connections can be shared across integrations.
Configure email notifications
Use the following steps to set up email notifications:
- From Home, click the integration tile that contains the flows or connections for which you want email notification.
- Click the Notifications tab.
- Click Notify me of job error and select the flow(s) from the drop-down menu.
- Select All Flows to receive notification on all flow errors within the integration.
- If the you only want notifications for one or more specific flows, select the flows and verify that All Flows is unchecked.
- To receive notifications for all flows except one or more, you can select All Flows and then check the checkboxes next to the flows you want exclude from your notification emails.
- Click Notify me when connection goes offline and use the drop-down menu to select the connections you want connection status notification emails from.
- Click Save.