- Overview: Understanding the Jira – NetSuite integration template
- Install the Jira – NetSuite integration template
- Configure and run flows in the Jira – NetSuite integration template
The Jira – NetSuite quickstart integration template allows you to integrate your Jira and NetSuite accounts. In most organizations, handling issues, service requests, and escalations is distributed among different departments and apps. This template allows companies to improve issue management by providing visibility throughout the organization, allowing these teams closer collaboration.
This template contains packaged flows for real-time sharing of information between Jira and NetSuite to increase productivity and ensure that teams are always up to date with the correct data.
- Issue resolution – Sync issues between Jira and NetSuite in real time and always keep them updated
- Issue filtering – Sync issues based on type and priority – or sync all issues at once
- Case management – Sync support cases between NetSuite and Jira in real time and always keep them updated
- Seamless visibility – View key details of issues, including comments and messages in both apps
- Project management – Sync projects and tasks between Jira and NetSuite to increase collaboration between teams
- Time tracking – Sync time tracking information from Jira to NetSuite and maintain all effort logged in one place
- Integration dashboard – Monitor data flows, identify job statuses, and resolve errors in real time
- Optimize issue- and project-management experience with timely visibility of issues, tasks, and projects
- Take control of your integrations with tools that let you configure and allow you to make mapping changes on the fly
- Efficiently scale operations by automating processes that rely on Jira and NetSuite platforms
- Reduce maintenance time with a dashboard for sophisticated error-handling and integration support provided by Celigo
The Celigo quickstart bundle contains workflows that you can easily configure and deploy without coding or IT support. The following built-in flows sync from the specified source data to the corresponding destination.
Jira to NetSuite
|Flow||What’s not supported|
|Jira issues to NetSuite cases||Syncing one Jira issue to many NetSuite issues|
|Jira issues to NetSuite issues||Syncing one Jira issue to many NetSuite cases|
|Jira issues of type task to NetSuite project tasks||Issue types other than task|
|Jira users to NetSuite customers||—|
|Jira time tracking to NetSuite time tracking||Issue types other than task, bug, or story|
NetSuite to Jira
|Flow||What’s not supported|
|NetSuite issues to Jira issues||–|
|NetSuite cases to Jira issues||–|
|NetSuite case details to Jira issues comments||Updates on case details are not synced as updates on Jira comments|
|NetSuite case assignments to Jira issue assignees||Addition of new assignees|
|NetSuite customers to Jira users||Updates to NetSuite customers are not synced to Jira users|
|NetSuite employees to Jira users||Updates to NetSuite employees are not synced to Jira users|
|NetSuite projects to Jira projects||–|
|NetSuite project tasks to Jira issues||Issue types other than task|
Most integrator.io error messages will clearly explain the error and suggest troubleshooting methods. If you are unsure of what the error means, contact Celigo support.
For errors passed through from NetSuite or Jira, see the respective endpoint documentation.