Important: Zoom is going to deprecate the JWT authentication type from June 1, 2023. Hence, Celigo recommends you use the OAuth 2.0 authentication type to configure the Zoom connection in integrator.io.
Zoom is a cloud-based communication platform that allows users to connect via audio, video, phone, and chat.
- A. Set up a Zoom connection
- B. Provide required Zoom application details
- C. Edit advanced Zoom settings
- D. Test the connection
Start establishing a connection to Zoom in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select Zoom.
The Create connection pane opens with required and advanced settings.
At this point, you’re presented with a series of options for providing Zoom authentication.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, non-editable): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
Authentication type (required): Select JWT as the authentication type for this connection. The form changes depending on the selected authentication type. The OAuth 2.0 authentication type is documented separately.
API key (required): Enter the API key for your Zoom JWT bearer token app. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s API key safe. When editing this form later, you must enter this value again; it is stored only for a saved connection.
API secret (required): Enter the API secret for your Zoom JWT bearer token app. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s API secret safe. When editing this form later, you must enter this value again; it is stored only for a saved connection.
- Sign in to your Zoom developer account.
- Navigate to marketplace.zoom.us.
- From the Develop dropdown list, click Build app.
- If you haven’t yet built a Zoom JWT bearer token app, click Create and describe your app.
- In the App credentials section, copy your API key and API secret for your Zoom connection.
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the Zoom connection.
Once you have configured the Zoom connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Save & close – click to test and save the connection and exit the Create connection pane
- Cancel – click to exit without saving any new changes
- Test connection – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
When you test or save the connection, it is verified before continuing.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app, if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.