This article demonstrates setting up a My API endpoint that authenticates ShipWorks HTTP requests.
The instructions below build on the steps to create a My API that runs an export in Set up My API to run an export. It also uses Postman to request the My API endpoint, similar to Test an export via My API HTTP request except with the ShipWorks advanced settings.
A. Get the URL to the My API ShipWorks endpoint
- In integrator.io, return to Resources > My APIs.
- Open the custom endpoint Demo – ShipWorks auth.
- Click Enable ShipWorks authentication and supply your ShipWorks username and password.
- Copy the URL shown in the Advanced > Invoke field.
- Save and close the My API.
With the ShipWorks option, you do not need to generate an API token and send it with the request.
B. Submit the request
- In Postman, paste the Invoke URL into the GET request field.
- In the Body tab, select the type x-www-form-urlencoded.
- Continuing in the Body tab, enter key-value pairs for the username, password, and body, according to your credentials and expected content.
- Click Send.
- Verify the export (Shopify records shown).
See full example
Please sign in to leave a comment.