MYOB Advanced documentation: API Guide
- A. Set up an MYOB Advanced connection
- B. Supply required MYOB Advanced account information
- C. Edit advanced MYOB Advanced settings
- D. Test the connection
Start establishing a connection to MYOB Advanced in either of the following ways:
- From the Resources menu, select Connections. Then, click + Create connection at the top right.
– or –
- While working in a new or existing integration, you can add an application to a flow simply by clicking Add source or Add destination/lookup.
In the resulting Application list, select MYOB Advanced.
The Create connection pane opens with required and advanced settings.
At this point, you’re presented with a series of options for providing MYOB Advanced authentication.
Name (required): Provide a clear and distinguishable name. Throughout integrator.io imports and exports, you will have the option to choose this new connection, and a unique identifier will prove helpful later when selecting among a list of connections that you’ve created.
Application (required, disabled): A reminder of the app you’re editing.
Authentication type (required): Select Cookie (the OAuth 2.0 option is described separately).
Instance URI (required): Enter the instance URI shown in your MYOB Advanced account. For example, if
https://demo.myobadvanced.com/entity/Default/18.200.001 is the base URI, then the instance URI would be
Endpoint name (required): Enter the endpoint name found in your MYOB Advanced account.
Endpoint version (required): Enter the endpoint version found in your MYOB Advanced account.
Username (required): Enter the username for your MYOB Advanced account.
Password (required): Enter the password for your MYOB Advanced account. Multiple layers of protection are in place, including AES 256 encryption, to keep your connection’s password safe. When editing this form later, you must enter this value again; it is stored only for a saved connection.
Company (optional): Enter the company name for your MYOB Advanced account.
Locale (optional): Enter the locale for your MYOB Advanced account.
Sign in to your MYOB Advanced account, navigate to the More items menu options and select Integration.
On the Integration page, you should see Web service endpoints in the Preferences section. If not, click Show more at the bottom of the page. Select Web service endpoints.
The page now displays the Endpoint name and Endpoint version, required for your connection:
Before continuing, you have the opportunity to provide additional configuration information, if needed, for the MYOB Advanced connection.
Once you have configured the MYOB Advanced connection, you have a few options for continuing:
- Save – click this button to test the connection, commit the new connection so that it will be available to all integrations for your account
- Save & close – click to test and save the connection and exit the Create connection pane
- Cancel – click to exit without saving any new changes
- Test connection – click this button to verify that your new connection is free of errors
When you test or save the connection, it is verified before continuing.
The new connection is now successfully added to your account. It will be applied to the current source or destination app, if you created it within a flow. Otherwise, you may proceed to register the connection with an integration.