Magento has restricted API access if two-factor authentication (2FA) is enabled in your Magento 2 account. That becomes a problem if you have already configured your Magento 2 connection using 2FA to access the Magento Admin from additional devices. Then, if you try to authorize a Magento 2 connection in the Integration App, you will get the error “Please use the 2Fa provider-specific endpoints to obtain a token.” To avoid this error, you must re-authorize your connection with a manually generated token.
Note: Only an admin can authenticate a 2FA Magento 2 connection.
Create integration in Magento 2 account to generate an access token
If 2FA is enabled in your Magento 2 account, you can configure your Integration App connection, as follows:
- Sign in to your Magento 2 account as an administrator.
- Enter the password for the correct authentication app.
- From the left menu, click System > Extensions > Integrations.
- Click Add new integration.
- Below the General section enter Name, Email (optional), and Password.
- In the left menu, click API.
- From the Resource Access drop-down menu, select All.
Note: If you chose Custom, you can’t change the resources once the integration is created.
- Click Save.
- On the Integrations page, next to the newly created integration, click Activate.
- On the Integration page, you can find the list of the resources, click Allow.
- The Integration Token Details are generated.
- Click Done.
Important: The token expires only if you click Reauthorize on the Integration page, next to your integration in your M2 account, or delete the integration.
Configure your Magento 2 connection in Integration App
- Sign in to your integrator.io account.
- Click to open the Magento 2 - NetSuite Integration App.
- Go to Connections.
- Next to the Magento 2 connection, from the Actions menu, select Edit connection.
- In the Token field, enter the Access Token field value generated in the Magento account.
Note: When you enter the value in the Token field, the username and password fields become optional.
- Click Save & close.
For more information, see Install the Magento 2 - NetSuite Integration App.