SAP Business ByDesign is a cloud ERP solution built for small- and mid-market businesses and delivers prebuilt processes for everything from finance and sales to product management and purchasing on a single, unified solution.
This article leads you through the steps to create exports, imports, and field mapping using SAP Business ByDesign OData web services.
- A. Import and export prerequisites
- B. Connecting to custom API operations
- C. Mapping custom fields
- D. Building an integration flow video
Prior to exporting or importing data using the prebuilt integration, you must create OData web services in SAP Business ByDesign:
From the GitHub link, download the desired prebuilt Custom OData Services. For example, you can download khsalesorder.xml for Sales Order or khcustomer.xml for Customer. Then perform the following steps to upload the services to SAP Business ByDesign:
- In SAP Business ByDesign, use the left-hand menu to open the Application and User Management section. Then, select OData Services.
- Select Custom OData Services and select the Upload button to upload your chosen services.
- Review each service and add or remove fields as desired. Then, activate the respective OData Services and ensure the ServiceURL is available.
Below you will find an export example:
Below you will find a standard import example:
To connect to API operations that are not yet supported by this connector, you can switch the Form View field to HTTP in the SAP Business ByDesign connector. Changing the form view customizes fields in the SAP Business ByDesign import to help configure your resource. If you would like more flexibility, choose the universal connector form (REST or HTTP).
- Choose an existing API operation.
- Switch the Form View to HTTP and update the Relative URI with the OData Service URL for the respective API operation.
- Manually change the request body and add field mappings to align with the OData API operation.
This video shows you how to connect integrator.io to custom SAP Business ByDesign APIs.
Custom fields are called Extension fields in SAP Business ByDesign. The prebuilt connector supports mapping to extension fields.
- Create an extension field in SAP Business ByDesign.
- See allowed extension field types.
- Add extension fields to OData APIs (Standard or Custom).
After you have reviewed the prerequisites follow the steps below to map custom fields.
- For exports, the connector can fetch the extension fields dynamically once enabled in the OData services.
- For imports, you can manually enter the field by specifying the Technical Name (API field name) for a custom field in the import mapping step.
- If you create fields via the Key User Tool (KUT), add the “_KUT” suffix to the Technical Name. For example, TestExtensionField_KUT would be an API field name.
- If you create fields with the SAP application cloud studio, add the “_SDK” suffix to the Technical Name
Below you will find a mapping example from SAP Business ByDesign to Shopify:
This video is an example of an integration flow between SAP Business ByDesign and Shopify.